Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
Mid-level position to serve as a technical expert for operations regarding geosteering, horizontal well planning and its applications. The position will consist of providing operational and technical support for Weatherford GeoSteering Services as required. This will include but not limited to performing pre-job modeling / feasibility studies, geosteering operations during the drilling phase, end-of-well analysis with recommendations and any support needed to satisfy the client’s requirements / needs. This high-profile position’s main objective is to ensure proper placement of the borehole within the client’s specifications. The global team will provide geosteering services to all geographic regions around the globe and will require overseas traveling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical expertise for the planning, execution and post-well analysis of horizontal wells where GeoSteering Services are being utilized or have the potential to be implemented.
· Model offset data to determine the feasibility of geosteering within reservoirs within given geological / physical constraints and to recommend best applications for success.
· Monitor real-time data, provide real-time interpretation and execute directional decisions to ensure proper placement of the borehole within a specific target.
· Integrate with client G&G, drilling and completions teams for the planning and execution of their horizontal well programs.
· Give technical presentations to support GeoSteering Services including feasibility studies, end-of-well analyses and sales / marketing demonstrations.
· Mentor new GeoSteering personnel in the art of geosteering and other related disciplines.
· Promote the integration of other Weatherford Services for a comprehensive customer solution where appropriate.
· Communications – Must be able to communicate with various levels of drilling and G&G personnel.
· Multi-cultural Environment – The nature of the oil industry permits a multi-cultural environment and the GeoSteering Engineer must be adaptable to work assignments in different regions and countries with different cultural values.
· Highly Mobile - The Field Specialist will travel to drilling rigs located in various regions/countries around the world and must be prepared to meet all the circumstances and lifestyles involved.
· Commitment to Safety – Must be safety conscious as each assignment will involve the implementation of health, safety and environmental procedures.
· Unlimited and Irregular Work Hours – The job does not follow a fixed schedule and the Field Specialist will frequently spend extended periods of time at a field location or client’s office.
· Data Quality and Performance Standards – The GeoSteering Engineer will provide high quality deliverables to the client while maintaining the health, safety and environmental program on the assignment.
Safety and Environmental:
· Performs all duties in a safe manner.
· Complies with Company safety policies and procedures.
· Complies with Customer safety policies and procedures.
· Complies with federal, state and local safety regulations and procedures.
· Attains and applies comprehensive knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.
· Extended shift work to cover 24-hour operations during job execution.
· Required travel to field location and/or client’s office
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· B.S. degree in Engineering, Physics or Geology / Geosciences.
· Must have legal right to be permanently employed in the United States.
· 5+ years of relevant professional experience with an oil company or well logging service company.
· 2+ years experience as a LWD engineer, Wireline Engineer or Log Analysis
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentations skills and English language fluency.
· Understanding of geophysics, geology, petrophysics, LWD and directional drilling.
· Broad knowledge of LWD and Wireline logging technologies and applications.
· Good understanding of drilling operations.
· Experience with real-time operations.
· M.S. degree (or higher) in geology, geophysics, petrophysics or petroleum engineering.
· Experience with LWD or Wireline borehole image interpretation.
· Extensive geosteering experience.
· Solid knowledge in LWD/WL sensor physics, particle-formation interactions and petroleum geology.
· Advanced knowledge in formation evaluation and petrophysics.
Weatherford - 16 months ago
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...