LOCATION OF POSITION
Warfield Air National Guard Base, Martin State Airport
Main Purpose of Job
This position administers and supervises the fire department fire prevention program and fire department logistical program at Warfield Air National Guard Base. Provides fire and rescue services to Warfield Air National Guard Base and Martin State Airport in support of the goals and mission of the Maryland Air National Guard. In emergency situations, the position functions as the Fire Captain, Suppression.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate. Experience: Five years of experience performing airport fire suppression and emergency rescue work.
Notes: 1. One year of the above experience must have been spent at the supervisory level of Military Airport Fire Fighter; or 2. Applicants may substitute five years of work experience at the Military Airport Fire Fighter II level for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess the following U.S. Department of Defense certificates:
Driver/Operator - Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Vehicle
Driver/Operator - Pumps
Driver/Operator - Mobile Water Supply
Hazardous Materials First Responder – Awareness level
Hazardous Materials First Responder – Operations level
Fire Inspector I
Hazardous Materials First Responder – Incident Command Level
Fire Officer I
Fire Instructor I
Fire Officer II
Fire Instructor II
Fire Inspector II
Fire Officer III
Fire Inspector III
1. Pursuant to Air National Guard Bureau Supplemental Instructions to Air Force Instruction 32-2001, at the discretion of the State Adjutant General, employees in this classification are required to meet the following criteria:
a) Employees are required to be members and maintain membership in the Maryland Air National Guard. All selected candidates will be required to successfully meet the enlistment and membership criteria of the Maryland Air National Guard (IC-1 to ANGI 36-2002).
b) Employees must have successfully completed Fire Protection Apprentice Specialist course at Goodfellows Air Force Base, Texas or other military service equivalent course.
c) Employees will be required to obtain a Secret security clearance.
2. Candidates will be required to pass a baseline medical examination to determine their physical ability to perform the job in accordance with National Fire Protection Standard 1582, Standards on Medical Requirements for Firefighters.
3. Employees may be required to take the physical fitness test and pass an annual medical examination to determine their physical ability to perform the job in accordance with National Fire Protection Standard 1582, Standards on Medical Requirements for Firefighters.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
TO APPLY: Go to the Web Site http://jobaps.com/md/jobs/mdmildep/ , click on the link for Program Manager II #12-005477-003, go to the bottom of the form and click on the link “ Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet. ”
If you cannot apply online, then you must complete a blank Maryland Application for State Employment (available at the Military Department’s State Personnel Office or by clicking ‘Apply via paper application’ ), noting the position title on the top of the form. Questions must be answered completely on the application. Resumes will not be considered. Copies of documents attesting to qualifications and skills should be attached to the application. Applications may be obtained by calling or visiting the Military Department’s State Personnel Office at (410) 234-3838, Fifth Regiment Armory, Room B10, Baltimore, Maryland 21201-2288. Photocopies are acceptable provided there is an original signature and copies are on standard paper (8½ x 11).
State of Maryland - 19 months ago