Under direct supervision, resolves claims by investigating losses, negotiating settlements, while maintaining adequate production levels.
- Examine claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverages.
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, and by comparing claim information with evidence.
- Set loss reserves with approval of client and management.
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford.
- Settle claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability, client’s instructions and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage, pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Control claims costs.
- Maintain expected caseload.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Maintain company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
- Review and approval on reports on losses exceeding $10,000.
- Create day to day agenda with assistance of manager/supervisor.
- Uphold the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participate in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Outside adjusters must have a valid driver’s license
- Completion of Crawford and Company basic property class, and/or continuing education required for advancement
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Solid time management skills and organizational ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle challenging situations and people with tact and diplomacy
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you :
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries.
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career.
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Crawford & Company
- 2 years ago - save job