You will be responsible for overseeing and reviewing IFRS (CGAAP), regulatory, and/or board reporting for investment portfolios for the Insurance Company, subsidiaries and affiliates. Requires a thorough understanding of accounting pronouncements and appropriate application to the investment portfolio.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
· Responsible for the investment reporting function for International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Canadian regulatory (Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions – OSFI), and/or board requirements of the Insurance Company, subsidiaries and affiliates. Determines appropriate work allocation on a quarterly basis and monitors work product.
· Coordinates investment presentation in the financial statements on a quarterly basis. Ensures reporting consistency in the financial statements, board reports and information provided to analyst
· Interprets new pronouncements and guidelines issued by authoritative associations in relation to IFRS, OSFI or various regulations. Recommends appropriate changes to accounting systems and presentation of information
· Responsible for coordinating audits for Investments and explaining GWL's position. Will respond to audit requests
· Responsible for monitoring the investment set-up information in the respective investment systems and making adjustments where necessary
Background and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, related business degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of four years experience in SEC reporting
- Public accounting experience, preferred
- Knowledge of investment accounting preferably IFRS basis
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
About Great-West Financial:
Great-West Financial SM helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered in metro Denver with offices around the country, Great-West Financial offers a wide range of retirement savings products and services, life insurance and annuities. With more than a century of experience and a history of financial strength and stability, Great-West Financial has earned the reputation as a trusted financial partner, to and through retirement.
For more information, please visit www.greatwestcareers.com . We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We are committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
You’ll find good people at Great-West Financial.
Great-West Financial SM refers to products and services provided by Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates. Great-West Financial SM is a service mark of Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company.
Great-West - 21 months ago
Great-West FinancialSM helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered in metro...