This position performs lead steamfitter duties over journeyman refrigeration-steamfitters under the supervision of the Mechanical Trades Supervisor for the Plant Engineering Mechanical Trades Shop, in the Clinical Science Center Building.
The Plant Engineering Department is committed to the highest standard of Customer Relations principles. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary behaviors when working with patients, visitors and fellow staff members. Hospital environment requires quicker than normal response to system and equipment failures. The hours worked often require emergency response, frequently without immediate direct assistance from lead worker or supervisor. Percentages of time spent on listed duties will vary. Perform work within the CSC and associated remote clinics and buildings. Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics; these to include layout of materials needed and fabrication. Maintain records as required. This position requires the physical and mental abilities to perform all aspects of a refrigeration-steamfitter. This position also requires the ability to stoop, bend, climb a ladder, kneel and lift.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Five (5) year steamfitter apprenticeship with certificate of completion
3. Three (3) years of service work experience
4. Three (3) years construction / installation of mechanical systems
5. EPA certificate
6. Journeyman certificate
7. Knowledge of all methods, procedures, practices and tools of the steam fitting trade.
8. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
9. Possession of good customer service skills.
10. PC skills
11. Physical Requirements: Heavy: Ability to lift up to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
This is a Non-Represented position and falls into Pay Grade 9. The salary range begins at $29.87 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm.
This position is in the "Authority Non-Rep" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (15 days) // (Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Legal Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (12 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Julie Schrader for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 608-264-9136.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -