License/Certification/Education : Normally an Associates Degree is preferred w/3-5 years of experience.
- Strong communication, both oral and written is essential to manage staff and communicate with others located throughout a wide geographic area where the primary mode of communication is conference calls and email.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of billing and accounts receivable processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to evaluate, recommend and develop processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed, including the ability to communicate complex procedures clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong PC and systems skills (billing and laboratory systems) and working experience with major software applications for PCs.
- Establish effective follow up processes.
Department : Billing Operations
Grade : 6
Laboratory Corporation of America ® Holdings , an S&P 500 company, is seeking a Billing QC Coodinator for our Birmingham, AL location.
- Applications will be accepted through May 23, 2013.
We are seeking an amazing Billing Professional who will accomplish the following:
The purpose of this position is to work with clients and divisional employees to resolve billing issues in order to increase cash and reduce bad debt. From findings, drive corrective action plans and monitor improvement.
Zero in on specific client issues form analysis of corporate reports and other quantitative data and maintain conversational knowledge of all big client/employee issues.
- Acts to address clients with high bad debt experience by interfacing with sales and operations to create and implement action plans for improvement. Works with the client to address self-pay patient population, demographic denials, and collection of balances due after adjudication by third party payer.
- Supports billing training to phlebotomists, Sales, and clients to ensure correct billing and prompt payment Training to include cash collections, obtaining appropriate 3 rd party billing information, ABNs, and Medical Necessity.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Establish and maintain productive relationships withemployees, peers, and senior management, crossing departmetns, divisions and corporate lines to establish trust and confidence in the BQCC program to resolve issues.
Participate in meetins with internal departmetns as needed (billing, sales, client services, branch LCM, PSCs) to update and provide information regarding billing issues and activities. Act as liason between billing and other departments.
Establish systems and process to manage, analyze and act on large volume of quantitative data.
Travel, between 25 - 50%.
LabCorp - 16 months ago
LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories and...