Senior Development Chemist
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Specialty Seeds & Oils develops, produces and markets high-performance specialty oils. Our business is backed by an intellectual property position in the genetic engineering of canola and oil seeds. We develop proprietary planting seeds commercialize specialty oils to food industry.
The Senior Development Chemist position supports oilseed research and product development for Cargill oil business units. Leads projects and technology initiatives independently; conceives, plans, and executes research projects to ensure product developments and launch; assesses and implements emerging technology in commercial applications; evaluates soundness of experimental approaches, techniques, and results to ensure data integrity; improves and develops new techniques and procedures to improve experimental effectiveness and development efficiency; creates new oil products for food and frying applications
40% - Management and execution of BU strategic projects
25% - Innovation through creating new oil formulas and frying systems
25% - Support Technical Services activities
10% - Develops and implements new analytical tools to support project execution
- B.S. in Food Science, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food industry R&D
- Proven ability to execute projects from planning to reporting with minimal supervision
- Proven experience in Prototyping to meet project objective, and scale ups for commercial production
- Flexible, organized, ability to handle multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal and team working skills
- Effective communications skills (verbal, written, listening and presentation)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Food Sciences with focus study in Lipid chemistry
- 3 years of full time working experience in edible oil industry
- Working experience in using HPLC, TLC, GC, wet chemistry, and solvent extraction
- Innovative, independent thinker, and problem solving using multiple disciplines
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Cargill - 19 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...