Nursing Assistant (Community Living Center)
Fargo, ND United States
The incumbent is a member of the nursing team working a rotating tour of duty in a Community Living Center area. Observes the need for and provides appropriate and timely routine and complex patient care according to the nursing care plans and as assigned by the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse with minimum supervision, consulting the Registered Nurse for direction and evaluation when appropriate. Helps establish treatment goals and provides the personalized care necessary to meet those goals. Establishes a therapeutic relationship with patients and families. Observes, reports, and records patient condition, patient interactions, patient teaching and subtle changes to the patient's status in response to treatment and procedures. Acts with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient contact that is appropriate to the cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of adult (18-64) amd senior adult (65+) patients.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, days and PMs
POSITION TITLE/PD# : Nursing Assistant/PD#40029-0
- Qualifications & Evaluations
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Certified Nursing Assistant BASIC REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: GS-4 Qualifications - Have at least six months of general experience that demonstrates your ability to learn and perform nursing care duties, to deal successfully with people, and to be adaptable to the work situation. Additionally, I have six months of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-03 grade level in the federal service performing non-professional nursing care work in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home or other medical patient care facility, or as a home health aid. Examples of creditable specialized experience includes: nonprofessional nursing care work in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other medical, nursing, or patient care facility, or in such work as that of a home health aide, performing duties such as (1) providing personal nursing care such as providing pre- and post-operative care, (2) support duties for diagnostic and technical treatment procedures, such as setting up and operating special medical equipment and apparatus, (3) caring for mentally ill patients, including observing, recording, and reporting changes in their behavior, and providing reassurance and encouragement, (4) assisting surgeons and registered nurses in operating room activities, including passing instruments, maintaining sterile conditions, and draping and positioning patients. (This experience must be well documented in your resume or application package.) -OR- Successfully completed a two year degree program in an accredited community colege, junior college, or college or university in practical nursing or in a field of study appropriate to the specialization of the position, such as education in a program for a psychology, psychiatric, or operating room technician. This education must have been obtained in an accredited vocational, junior college, college or university. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. -OR- A combination of experience as described above and education above the high school level as described above. NOTE: To combine education and experience, first determine how much of the qualifying experience and education you have, as a percentage of what is required for each. Add the percentages together, and if the total is 100% or more, then the combined education and experience is qualifying for the position. EXAMPLE: the applicant has 6 months of specialized experience and 6 semester hours of college (in directly related courses). That means the applicant has 50% of the required one year of experience and 67% of the education required to substitute for education. The total qualifying experience and education add up to 117%. The applicant can combine his or her experience to qualify for the position. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. GS-5 Qualifications - Have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-4 level or an equivalent level of responsibility that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of creditable specialized experience includes those described in specialized experience for GS-4 above, and observes patients for appropriate oxygen administration and performs pulse oximeter readings; assists nurse or provider with wound care; performs passive range of motion (PROM) as ordered, applies continuous passive motion (CRM), and ensures anti-tip bars are applied to wheelchairs as indicated; based on competency, performs EKGs on the patient care unit; and assists in monitoring and documentation of restraints as directed. (This experience must be well documented in your resume or application package.) -OR- Successfully completed a (4) four year post high school degree program in an accredited community college, junior college, college or university in practical nursing or in a field of study appropriate to the specialization of the position (Transcript Required). -OR- A combination of experience as described above and education above the high school level as described above. NOTE: To combine education and experience, first determine how much of the qualifying experience and education you have, as a percentage of what is required for each. Add the percentages together, and if the total is 100% or more, then the combined education and experience is qualifying for the position. EXAMPLE: the applicant has 6 months of specialized experience and 6 semester hours of college (in directly related courses). That means the applicant has 50% of the required one year of experience and 67% of the education required to substitute for education. The total qualifying experience and education add up to 117%. The applicant can combine his or her experience to qualify for the position. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
Reference: OPM General Qualification Standards, Nursing Assistant Series, 0621 at the following link:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
- Benefits & Other Info
- Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp . Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave.
- How to Apply
- HOW TO APPLY: All applicants are encouraged to apply online.
To apply for this position , you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, September 13, 2013 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login , select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
15668-Agency Employees Only
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.
15509-Agency Employees Only
- Agency Employees Only
- PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
- Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
- Per Year
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available a t http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf ) (required) .
OF 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (available at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf )
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible. If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire .
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Department of Veterans Affairs - 30+ days ago