Line of Business: Commercial Credit Admin Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. Graduate degree in finance, accounting or
2. High degree of quantitative analysis skills
3. Strong knowledge of Bank's deposit and payments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned
below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide support of credit request risk management by validating
underwriting, policy compliance and risk assessments on credit request packages
to be submitted for co-approval or approved by Relationship Managers. Ensure
packages are complete, accurate and thoroughly documented.
2. Manage data integrity of risk grading inputs and outputs by
confirming current and adequate information has been utilized and proper primary
source of repayment has been identified.
3. Verify appropriate risk has been assessed utilizing existing
risk grading process, systems, tools and guidance. Confirm that final risk grade
is consistent across all systems.
4. Inspect electronic and physical credit files to ensure adherence
to BB&T Policy.
5. Review and update loan systems information to ensure collateral
and code accuracy.
6. Participate in the relationship risk management process through
preparing thorough and accurate loan review packages, conducting timely covenant
compliance, and completing special reporting/assessments that adhere to BB&T
policy. Take ownership of action items agreed upon in regional loan review
committee to ensure execution.
7. Assist in portfolio risk management by completing third party
reporting initiatives, specified quarterly and annual reports, and risk
management special projects.
8. Support Senior Credit Officer in administration of business
portfolio of Region in order to achieve desired results of quality,
profitability and growth.
9. Keep abreast of changing business and economic developments
which impact the loan portfolio, its profitability, and banking in
Reports To: Senior Credit Officer I or II; Portfolio Risk Officer
Team Leader I or II
Line of Business: COMMERCIAL CREDIT ADMIN
Effective Date: 01/2013
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or equivalent
education and related training
2. Three years of experience in banking industry or related work
3. Experience with spreadsheet and word processing
4. Above average verbal and written communication
5. Understanding of financial and cost accounting
6. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office desktop applications
and Commercial Loan Platform (CLP)
7. Ability to travel as needed, occasionally
BB&T Human Systems - 18 months ago