Visual Software Engineer
The AEgis Technologies Group is seeking Visual Software Engineers for an exciting role within our Simulation Development group. Candidates must have at minimum a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Math and Engineering
sciences. Candidate should possess good communication skills, be willing to learn new concepts and be a strong team player.
Position will involve the development and integration of high-fidelity real-time visual and physical simulations, including sensor models, air/ground vehicle dynamics, and distributed communications. The candidate will integrate high-fidelity terrain databases
and visual models produced internally as well as those from third-party vendors. Candidate may be called on to develop prototype sensor models, integrate third-party hardware (e.g. controllers), and implement proprietary network interfaces. Candidate will
support performance measurement and optimization, on both the CPU and GPU. The candidate will support a variety of programs, including out-the-window and sensor development programs for multiple defense and commercial projects. Visual programs range from early
concept modeling and simulation to integrated hardware/software production systems. The workplace is a high-energy environment with small teams (of 2-5 engineers) with cross-discipline skills and frequent direct interactions with our customers. Position will
require travel for up to 20% of the time to support on-site meetings with the customer at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, Alabama.
- Design and implement visual simulations and related tools or utilities.
- Develop all aspects of the simulation including functional modeling, graphics simulation, API development.
- Optimize graphics solutions for integrated graphics platforms
- Develop requirements and roadmaps with the visual software team
- Write high-level design documents and contribute in code and design reviews
- Balance graphics performance and power requirements for target platforms.
- Research and develop the next generation of simulation architectures and visuals.
- Identify bottlenecks and implement performance optimizations anywhere in the graphics pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering;
- Excellent C/C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong software engineering, architecture, and design skills combined with a drive to solve hard problems are a must.
- Object-oriented software design experience
- Understanding and appreciation of computer system architecture and operating systems
- Ability and flexibility to work and communicate effectively in a multi-time-zone corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of Linear Algebra fundamentals
- An understanding of 2D/3D graphics fundamentals
- Candidate must be able to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 3D computer graphics theory and API knowledge
- OpenSceneGraph programing experience is a major plus
- Experience with higher-level and/or scripting languages (C#, Python, etc.)
- Experience with shader-driven OpenGL (GLSL)
- Experience with DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation)
- Experience with CIGI (Common Image Generator Interface) or similar network interfaces
- Cross-platform development (Linux and Windows) experience
- Low-level (directly to hardware) software development experience
- 3D modeling platforms knowledge
Details Note: Candidate’s primary workplace will be located at our Corporate Offices in Huntsville, Alabama.
AEgis Technologies - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard