Under the general direction of the Controller, the Bursar is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of Board of Regent, UW System and campus policies, the assessment and collection of University tuition and fees and cashier operations. This is a supervisory position, and is responsible for the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of Bursar office staff. Additionally, the Bursar is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of automated systems and procedures related to all Bursar office functions.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage the billing and collection of tuition, fees and other charges.
- Manage student accounts receivable, cashier and collection functions.
- Establish, implement and administer institutional policies and procedures.
- Oversee the Student Financial module of the PeopleSoft Student Information System, including analysis of student accounts receivable.
- Manage the financial aid receipt and disbursement process in accordance with prescribed federal and state regulations.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place for bursar operation.
- Develop, implement and maintain delinquent account collection policies and procedures for student tuition, fees and loans.
- Prepare financial reports as requested by University, UW System, federal government and other agencies.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Registrar, Financial Aid, Admissions and other operations impacting fee assessment and student services.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field at time of application
- Three years of professional experience in financial operations
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail and decision making ability
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse array of colleagues and students
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working at an institution of higher education
- Knowledge of UW-System policies and procedures
April 1, 2013
Conditions of Appointment:
Position is a full-time Limited appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the university does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Special Conditions of Appointment:
This position will require some overnight travel.
Salary Range of $58,000-$70,000; the UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan. ( Total Compensation Estimator ).
University of Wisconsin- Green Bay - 22 months ago