Drives a manual residential truck to provide prompt, courteous and complete waste and / or recycling removal for residential customers.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck along residential routes and to disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Lifts and carries residential waste to truck and deposits into compactor.
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to cycle compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers, and supervisors.
- Writes labels and tags unsatisfactory waste containers and/or refuse.
- Cleans up the area around an accidental waste spill.
- Reads route sheet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.3757
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Must meet the requirements of 49 CFR 383.51 as well as any other local, state or federal requirements applicable.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Customer Service – Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers. Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers.
- Dependability – Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Endurance – Sticks with the task until it is completed in the most productive and safe manner. Works through challenges.
- Ethics – Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as Allied Waste policies and rules. P romptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Allied Waste’s safety rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
REPRESENTATIVE Machines, Tools, Equipment and/OR Software USED :
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Manual collection residential truck.
- Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, dust mask, hard hat, boots, gloves, safety glasses and safety vest.
- Tools including, but not limited to, broom, scraper bar, pitch fork and shovel.
- Two-way radio or cellular phone
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Exposure to moving traffic while collecting waste containers
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...