Welcome to Olympus Biotech. Olympus Biotech is dedicated to the further advancement of orthopedics and regenerative medicine to improve the lives of patients around the world. The Olympus Biotech Vision is to improve patient Quality of Life by developing and distributing regenerative medicines that stimulate the intrinsic healing capacity in the living body by the technological development of growth factors and biomaterials.
This position assists with technical, quality and project issues within the Automation team. This person is expected to complete tasks under direction and supervision of a more senior Automation Engineer.
Qualifications/Work Experience Required:
· Some knowledge and experience with the following is required;
- Instrumentation & Control Device operation and troubleshooting
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA)
- Electrical systems such as 120 VAC, 24 VDC, 480 VAC
· Some knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, & PowerPoint) is required.
- NFPA codes related to Automation & Electrical work
· Excellent oral and written communication skills is required
· Some knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Networking systems (Ethernet) is desired
· Knowledge of AutoCAD (ability to view, make minor changes) is desired.
Demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented environment is desired.
Education/Special Training Required:
Requires one or more of the following;
· Two (2) years of experience in Plant Automation/Controls Engineering.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Automation or Computer Science.
· Certification as a Certified Control System Technician or a Certified Automation Professional from the International Society for Automation (ISA).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (detailed description):
· Under direct supervision will assist with the design, implementation, start-up and troubleshooting of automation and plant floor control systems. Under close supervision is responsible for the design and / or selection of instrumentation, control devices, control panels, and control / electrical power systems throughout the facility.
· Assists with troubleshooting, testing, validation, deployment and on-going maintenance of Automation Systems.
· Normally receives detailed instructions on routine work and on new assignments
Provides support to manufacturing and facilities areas including the following activities:
· Support for resolution of deviations, investigations, and other quality issues.
· Assists with the design, procurement, construction, installation, engineering start-up, documentation and validation activities of new and modified control systems.
· Participates in the development and implementation of procedural or automation improvements to support Plant Objectives.
· Works on project(s), tracks spending/budgets, creates scope of work, develops risk assessments, justification, cost estimates, implements purchase requisitions, funding requests, and manages contracts.
· Provides support for troubleshooting for issues found in the manufacturing environment.
· Occasional supervision or coordination of contractors.
· Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes. Incorporates the Olympus Biotech Code of Conduct values in all activities and interactions with others.