HACH COMPANY (www.hach.com) is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support.
We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. As a recognized global leader in the industry, we have enjoyed strong, consistent growth year over year. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
Purpose of Position:
The Project Sales Manager (PSM) position has primary responsibility for sales activities to consulting engineers, contractors, and system integrators for project opportunities in assigned geography.
Territory includes the following three regional areas: DE/MD/VA, KY/TN/So. IL, OK/AR/MS.
Successful candidates will need to be located within a reasonable distance from an airport and be willing to travel 50-75% of the time.
- Primary ownership of all project opportunities in assigned geography with responsibility to manage, prioritize, and grow the project sales funnel to achieve targeted, project-based sales metrics.
- Drive sales and maintain relationships with leading design engineering companies, General Contractors, Systems Integrators, Sub Contractors, technical experts and regulatory agencies that are regularly engaged in projects involving analytical instrumentation within the industrial and municipal water market.
- Subscribe and monitor key Municipal/Industrial/Government Project searching websites/tools (ex. Dodge and IIR) to enable early competitive access to new Project opportunities for Hach.
- Serve as key communication link between Divisional Sales Management, Regional Sales Managers, Bid Specialists, Service Managers and other company departments for winning municipal and industrial projects.
- Develop and execute sales strategies based on engineering project schedules and budgets.
- Effectively use CRM tools (ex. Sales Logix) to monitor and manage the Project Sales funnel and forecast.
- Work with Marketing, Business Units, and Engineering to develop necessary collateral material to advance future project sales.
- Participate in national and regional conferences.
- Work with national “Projects Lead” to establish strategic direction, competitive activities, industry trends, and future opportunities for growth. Share and align activity with identified best practices.
- Extensive overnight travel.
Education, Background and Skill Requirements
- BS or BA in one of following: Engineering, Science, construction management or business management or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience selling in water or wastewater treatment plants or similar bid projects preferred.
- Experience selling directly to consulting engineers preferred.
- Broad understanding of factors and processes influencing long sales-cycle projects within municipal and industrial waterworks.
- Presentation Skills
- PowerPoint and Excel
- Understanding of the application of process and laboratory instrumentation in water, wastewater, and industrial water operations.
- Formal sales training with experience in value-based selling.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, project scheduling tools, etc.
The work environment for this position is both office and field sales activity. The field sales activity will take this individual into customers’ locations and moderate physical activity (e.g. lifting/carrying of materials) occurs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
required to sit. The employee may
squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is
using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is
required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee may
lift, carry, push or pull up to
Specific vision abilities
by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment
consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which
include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products, which all generate approximately $13 Billon in revenue. Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of six strategic platforms: Medical Technologies, Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Electronic Test), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, and Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools). Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States. The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years. Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity. Culturally, the company operates in a highly de-centralized model with an extremely lean corporate structure. Danaher has a proven system for achieving performance: the Danaher Business System (DBS). It drives every aspect of the group’s culture and performance. DBS is a system of continuous improvement and is used to guide and measure everyday activities, which has enabled it to double in size about every 5-years with impressive financial performance.
North America-United States-Maryland
Hach Company - 19 months ago
Danaher is a well-diversified industrial and medical conglomerate whose products test, analyze, and diagnose. Its subsidiaries design,...