Licensed Nurse Practitioner with at least three years experience preferred. Sound technical, critical thinking and teamwork skills required. Must be skilled in physical and mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment, pharmacology and advanced clinical nursing practice. Must demonstrate ability to recognize patients’ individual needs based on medical conditions, age limitations and planned procedures. This position has been determined to be low risk of blood borne pathogens.
Works collaboratively with all physicians, stroke services, and nursing staff to improve clinical outcomes and processes of care for all patients in the hospital setting. Brings clinical expertise, leadership, consultation, teaching to patients, physicians and nursing staff. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of disease process and management to drive improvement through various roles and alliances.
- Maintains stroke patient list daily and round on those patients on a daily basis to determine appropriate management and facilitate appropriate follow up procedures for stroke patients
- Participate in call rotation for stroke services
- Participates in the neurology and stroke task force meetings.
- Establishes prioritization method for assessing and following any patient admitted for possible stroke
- Participates in daily multidisciplinary rounds for all neurological and neurosurgical ICU patients. Collaborates with physicians, case manager, and nursing staff to initiate proper discharge planning
- Works with stroke management program to meet core measures, appropriate discharge strategies, and performance of NIHS scale on admission and discharge
- Manage patients in Stroke follow-up clinic as determined by stroke program
- Participates in hospital performance improvement teams: Core measures, pain management, moderate sedation, etc. Participated in analysis of the JC, CMS and HealthGrades data. Leads or co-leads improvement strategies to address areas of performance that are below benchmarks.
- Provides education for nursing and capillary staff, in conjunction with the Education Department, to promote best practices and also provide education in an informal setting on the nursing units in real time.
- Ensures timely and complete documentation of History and Physical
- Collaborates with physicians to record complete progress notes
- Ensures timely and complete Discharge Summary documentation
- Evaluates CMI and ALOS by month. Leads improvement strategies to ensure CMI accuracy and ALOS appropriateness
- Aid in proper documentation and diagnosis of patients
- Help maintain medical record completion for all patients
- Support Stroke Program and Registry.
St. Dominic Hospital - 30+ days ago
Since 1946, when the Dominican Sisters operated the Jackson Infirmary, to St. Dominic's burgeoning reputation as a premier healthcare organi...