The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of network infrastructure. The candidate will work in a team environment on troubleshooting WAN and LAN problems as well as managing design and implementation projects.
- Evaluates networking technologies, software, systems, and services to develop technical solutions, keeps abreast of vendor products and services commercially available in the marketplace
- Responsible for developing and generating conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture for the Bank
- Evaluates cost analysis and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches. Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines
- Serve as technical lead for the network "build/project" team and senior network consultant for the network "run/operations" team
- Ensure design plans transition through projects to build out and transition to the "run/operations" teams
- Partner with the Problem Management team in evaluation of network or telecom related problems in an ongoing review of the environment to ensure reliability and availability of the network
- Provides tier 3 troubleshooting support with the most complex data or voice network and hardware problems; researches and analyzes significant, complex network problems that require evaluation of intangibles, such as downstream effects on client satisfaction; assesses and evaluates current and future systems
- Team with appropriate business partners to obtain requirements and communicate project progress
- Communicate to all levels of the organization on project status
- Teach and mentor others to develop their technical expertise
Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, or equivalent knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- At least 9 years of experience in network technology related positions within information technology, including network architecture and network operations
- Must have Cisco network design experience as well as experience with Cisco VoIP and Unified Communications
- Must have hands on working knowledge of a wide range of network technologies in a variety of environments such as LAN, Data Center, WAN, Enterprise voice using IPT & VoIP technologies, Unified Communications, Transport services, and Mobility.
- Knowledge and expertise across multiple vendors (ie. switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, DNS).
- At least 3 years of experience architecting WAN, LAN, WLAN, and related networking technologies
- At least 3 years of experience successfully translating business requirements into technical solutions
- At least 3 years of experience with additional infrastructure technologies (client, security, storage, server, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams.
Requires a Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent and previous experience as a Network Systems Engineer.
Ability to demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and apply to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Must be able to keep up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Umpqua Holdings thinks of itself not so much as a bank but as a retailer that sells financial products. Consequently, many of the...