Description Operations engineering position responsible for business planning, well performance monitoring, project management and opportunity exploitation associated with managing the performance and growth of assets. Will utilize skills to solve problems independently.
- Operate and maintain onshore oil and gas leases and wells to produce the highest profitable volumes of oil and gas.
- Monitor operating expenses to identify and control high cost areas to maintain lifting cost at the lowest possible level.
- Prepare annual volume and expense budgets.
- Monitor well tests and production volumes to maintain and improve production and develop behind pipe reserves.
- Ensure that field operations are being conducted in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Interact daily with Production Foremen, pumpers, service companies, landowners and regulatory agency personnel.
Prepare AFE's and procedures for new well completions as well as remedial well work.
- Occasional travel and work extended hours on short notice.
- B.S. in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in oil and gas production practices.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulatory laws and regulations
- Experience in the following areas: Oil and gas production operations, workover/recompletions, surface facilities, new well completions and operating expense evaluation.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capable of working effectively and willingly in a team environment.
- Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving problems.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient with personal computers and spreadsheet software.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
Devon Energy Corporation - 13 months ago
Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in North...