- Organize, plan and conduct computer courses that enable participants to develop computer literacy, educational skills and cultural/social insight.
- Design or utilize existing curriculum to devise lesson plans that ensure objectives and outcomes for participants are obtained and are measurable.
- Instruct/teach adults in the preparation for employment, vocational training and post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Supervise and mentoryouth ages 5-17.
- Work withvarious learning enhanced software programs.
- Help in developing community/resident outreach materials that secure optimal participation in the computer lab.
- Provide a flexible classroom schedule, including evenings.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, teaching and/or relevant training.
- Minimum two years experience in one or more of the following fields: computer technology, teaching and classroom instruction.
- Exemplary writing, communication and computer skills.
- Preferred Bilingual literacy in English and Spanish.
- Ability to troubleshoot with computers a plus.
- Working experience with computer programs such as Excel, Microsoft Word, E- Mail and the Internet required.
- Ability to work withand relate toindividuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Valid California drivers license and availability of insured vehicle to travel within the Abode Communities service area.
This is a temporary position tentatively scheduled to begin in February and last approximately two months. Compensation for this non-exempt position is $12.00 per hour, 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Abode Communities - 2 years ago