Standard Air & Lite Corp, the Distributor of Carrier HVAC Equipment & Automatic Temperature Control systems for Western Pennsylvania, is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the following job opportunity.
Position: Controls Department Project Manager.
Standard Air offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a strong retirement package. A minimum of 7 years experience in the commercial automatic temperature controls industry required. Applicant must possess strong computer and verbal skills. Some level of proficiency in AutoCAD required. Knowledge of BACnet control systems required. Knowledge of the Carrier CCN DDC Control System and/or the Automated Logic Control System a plus. In this position you will take projects from acquisition to completion. Applicant must be able coordinate multiple projects at the same time. Applicant must possess a valid current PA driver’s license. Applicants will be required to pass background and drug screening checks. Position will include a combination of field and office duties. The percentage of field to office will vary with workloads. The successful candidate must be self motivated and able to work within a group as well as with minimal supervision.
- Position includes the following:
- Project Management Duties including the following:
- Develop project submittal package using AutoCAD from plans and specifications based on internal estimate.
- Create bill of materials based on project submittal.
- Place and track material order with internal material expediting personnel.
- Track and manage project equipment and materials.
- Handle project billing and financial goals.
- Control project cost within +/- 2%.
- Coordination of project installation with subcontractor.
- Recognize, pursue, and process change orders.
- Handle basic departmental operation as a backup.
- Assist internal sales with control system/parts sales and quotes.
- Start/Up and commissioning of DDC systems including programming.
- Perform warranty calls on in warranty systems.
- Owner Training.
- Inside sales and telephone technical support for customers.
- Small Project Estimating/Large Project Estimating Backup.
- Develop and implement contractor product training sessions.
- Assist in managing and maintaining inventory levels.
- Responsible for internal department development.
- Recognize new product opportunities.
- Obtain and implement new software tools.