This internship will be based in the San Francisco, CA area.
As a Walmart Stores Asset Protection Intern, you will be assigned to an Asset Protection team that addresses issues related to actual or potential loss to the company with focus on inventory shrinkage (unaccounted for loss), safety, and security. The primary work function of our Asset Protection team is to protect company assets such as associates, facilities, merchandise, materials etc., including responsibilities relating to accident prevention, safety awareness, security measures, theft deterrence, internal and external investigations, teaching and training, regulatory compliance, and shrinkage reduction.
The summer intern project may include but not be limited to:
- Complete assigned tasks that will involve training and work in Walmart store level operations
- Support merchandising initiatives related to mitigating inventory loss
- Conduct audits and reviews of procedures, controls, and processes
- Conduct data analysis to help with investigations and shrink research
- Manage projects with success based on meeting deadlines and delivering quality results
- Manage development of training materials and procedures
The minimum qualifications for an internship are as follows:
- Entering or currently in your junior or senior year of college as of May 31, 2013 - OR -
- Have completed your degree but are required to complete an internship before you can receive
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA required
Prefer majors in the following:
- Criminal Justice
- Risk Management
Asset Protection Summer Intern - 2013 (San Francisco, CA)
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...