Director of Development
Iona Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization now celebrating its 38th year of operation.Iona supports people as they experience the challenges and opportunities of aging. We educate, advocate and provide community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well.Ionas family of services include: Adult Day Health Wellness and Arts (ADHWAC), CareManagement, Consultation and Counseling (CCMC) , Community Programs and Advocacy. We are located inWashington,DC, just minutes from the AU/Tenleytown Metro. For more information aboutIona, please visit www.iona.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for the direction and fulfillment of fundraising and communications forIona. As a senior staff member, this position contributes to the overall growth ofIonas programs. Fundraising goal of $1million +.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serves as the fundraising organizer for the organization, and plans, directs, and implements successful fundraising programs.
- Oversees grant writing efforts.
- Develops ways to diversify funding sources and establish strategies to approach potential funders.
- Manages all fundraising records and documentation.
- Creates strategic relationships to facilitate the process of writing successful funding requests.
- Development Plan:
- Directs, implements and manages development opportunities for the organization for the Annual Fund and Planned Giving initiatives.
- Donor Development:
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing donors including wills and bequests, estate gifts and charitable gifts.
- Maintain integrity of donor database.
- Event Planning:
- Oversees, plans and manages meetings, events and galas.
- DirectMail Campaign:
- Directs, implements and manages strategies for direct mail campaign.
- Responsible for delivering key messages to internal and external audiences including theIonawebsite and other social media.
- Oversees and managesIonas communications strategies and publications.
- Serves as spokesperson the organization in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Prepares speeches for Executive Director as necessary.
- Evaluation, assessment and implementation of the brand identity of the organization.
- Serves as direct supervisor for department; recruit and hire staff as needed.
- Develops and monitors employee performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations.
- Plans and oversees on-going in-service education for staff.
- Works with the Executive Director and Finance department to prepare annual department budget and monitor monthly reports to determine necessary changes to achieve balance at years end.
- PromotesIonainside and outside the organization. Participates in those activities and events which support the volunteer corps and the financial well-being of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific requirements include:
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a general development role. Nonprofit social services experience strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, technical skills, strategic planning, program development and entrepreneurial skills.
- Knowledge of Development related technology tools, to include website and database management.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
Please send your letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
Philanthropy Careers - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard