Job Number: TC Mark 01
Close Date: 1/11/2013
Location: Tacoma Center
Job Type: Full Time
Starting Range: $33,000 – $41,250 plus excellent benefits
Hours: 40+ hours per week varied and may include a Saturday or Sunday; a regular schedule will be set upon hire
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is seeking an experienced and innovative Branch Marketing and Communications Director to work as part of the association marketing/communications team and branch leadership team. This position is responsible for leading member marketing, public relations, and community outreach to support the leadership team in attracting and retaining members and positioning the YMCA as a cause-driven organization.
The Tacoma Center YMCA is a part of YMCA’s Activate America national initiative that is committed to:
- Supporting those who want to lead a healthy lifestyle, but struggle to do so.
- Being an integral part of our community’s efforts to make long-lasting changes that support healthy living.
- Working in collaboration through partnerships with public, private and other nonprofit organizations.
Internal Member Marketing
External Communications and Outreach
- Develop, implement, and manage branch and association strategic marketing plan.
- Maintain communication and marketing standards by creating and editing all electronic and print marketing materials, including website, e-marketing, social media, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Lead affiliated marketing and corporate membership sales.
- Assist branch staff with administration and coordination of annual branch special events.
- Oversee all donor communications in collaboration with association Financial Development Department.
Branch Team Members and YMCA Vales
- Develop, implement, and manage external communications and outreach strategy in collaboration with association communications department.
- Generate press releases and respond to media inquiries for surrounding community.
- Coordinate awareness tours for Strong Kids Campaign and community outreach.
Professional Image and Development
- Model our YMCA values though fun, positive relationships with staff and members. Seek every opportunity to encourage, motivate and thank fellow staff members for their work.
- Serve on an Activate America team
- Be enthusiastic towards members and staff by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities.
- Participate in Building Coverage, weekend coverage and visibility as required.
- Provide assistance with Strong Kids Campaign.
- Maintain a consistent professional image through dress, actions, and relationships with others. Speak enthusiastically on behalf of the YMCA at given opportunities.
- Participate in staff meetings and other association or branch committees as needed.
Office Machine Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, or equivalent.
- Understanding and ability to interpret and communicate the mission and purpose of the YMCA and its programs.
- Strong writing and editing abilities.
- Knowledge of latest marketing and communications technologies, including standard office software, web-based applications, and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers and staff groups.
YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties - 14 months ago