With annual 2010 sales of $1.99 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER™, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use and has recently introduced a new on-road electric powered neighborhood vehicle. Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ORVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years are making in-roads into the cruiser and touring motorcycle marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.
The Polaris e-Marketing team is responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction for the development of effective integrated marketing campaigns involving outbound email, online data capture, website development. The goal of this team is to deliver measurable online medium that will effectively promote our products, generate leads, support consumer loyalty, and engage consumer to drive traffic to the dealer network.
Polaris a fast-paced, deadline oriented business environment, Interactive Project Manager will be asked to:
The Interactive Project Manager is responsible for the development and project management of the IT Internet marketing strategy. Will lead project implementations of solutions to business problems. Lead all aspects of web site projects for the Web Development group. This will be accomplished through the management of project priorities, project plans, resource assignments, and user coordination. Overall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout a project lifecycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Leadership and Management (95%)
1. Build, grow and maintain relationships with internal business units to plan and implement strategic solutions.
2. Establish project, development, testing and implementation plans.
3. Manage project timelines, tasks, and resources.
4. Maintain project plans, project tracking system of priorities.
5. Work with users and management to determine project priorities.
6. Participate in new software selection to support company goals
Communication (both written and oral)
1. Coordinate users on a project team to define requirements, develop test plans and perform adequate testing.
2. Work with users to design rollout plans.
1. Attend project and administrative meetings.
2. Prepare project status reports
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Five to seven years experience in project planning and management required.
2. Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, business or equivalent technical degree required.
3. Preferred 3 years of Web or interactive experience and/or real world examples of track record on successful projects.
4. Ability to apply understanding of existing and emerging technology and internet market needs to the development and implementation of a strategic business plan.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...