Key Position Responsibilities
Managing the operation of a single storage terminal consisting of a truck loading rack, a rail rack, a barge dock and an underground storage facility. Supervises loading and unloading activities. Assists in coordinating delivery schedules with shippers and customers. Supervises terminal construction and repair work.
Scope and Magnitude:
Utilizes expertise in one or more operational/technical specialties and provides work direction and is a go-to resource to others. Applies knowledge, past practice and experience to resolve complex problems.
- Responsible for bulk terminal/distribution operations, typically at plant sites, or at other
underground storage, vessels or pipelines.
- Loading and unloading activities, monitoring products transferred to and from tanks or
pipeline, trucks, railcar or barges.
- Preparation of reports and maintenance duties as required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Provides direction and assistance to Terminal Operators.
- Responsible for activities involved with the receipt, storage, and shipments of NGL’s by
and fittings, draining water, intra-terminal movements, and daily inspections.
- Supervises activities in the tank yard and truck loading racks such as gauging, sealing meters
Key Essential Qualifications
- Blends, samples and tests all products to ensure specifications are met.
- Initiates periodic inspections; schedules or performs maintenance activities as required.
- Ensures compliance with all operating procedures by anyone at the facility.
- Trains new Terminal Operators.
- Maintains terminal records for inventory control, additives, waste/regulatory, driver reports, etc.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in plant operations
- Fluent in the English language
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical activity in outdoor environment
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and subject to random DOT drug screening
Reports directly to Plant Superintendent, must be able to work with and interact with others in the plant and field operations’ group, as well as the Company’s Safety, Environmental, Operations, and Engineering Departments. Must be able to interact with producers, customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- 2 years ago - save job