This clinical social worker is a master¿s prepared social worker who functions within an interdisciplinary model of care as a member of the Psychiatry Clinical Practice Group. He/she provides social work services with inpatient psychiatry patients. While the inpatient psychiatry patients are the primary assignment; cross-coverage is required dependent upon staffing and patient needs. This social worker completes assessments, provides care coordination, psychosocial support, psychosocial rounding, with the patients on the inpatient psychiatry service. The social worker works within an interdisciplinary team providing consultation to physicians, nursing, therapists and others.
This social worker assesses psychosocial need and applies brief interventions to meet psychological distress and support the evolving plan. This social worker along with the interdisciplinary team supports the patient and family in complex care management. Resource management, knowledge of financial and community resources, knowledge of advance medical directives, and knowledge of guardianship processes. The ability to assess patient needs and work with the patient and the patient¿s family are essential skills for this position. The social worker utilizes interventions to enhance patient functioning and emotional well being, ensures timely and appropriate interventions, and accesses appropriate and agreed upon services. This position carries out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's core values, applicable policies, procedures, and civil laws. Knowledge of and ability to work within a complex health care system is required in this position. Skill in verbal and written communication is required to provide multiple caregivers and various hospital personnel information regarding the patients care.
Professionally collaborates with outcomes managers, case managers, and other social workers. This position serves as part of the inpatient social work triage rotation and the evening, weekend and holiday social work on-call rotation.
1. Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university required.
2. Experience/student internship in a health care setting preferred.
3. Post Masters experience working in a health care setting required.
4. Three or more years social work experience-in health care setting preferred.
5. Certified Advanced Practice Social Worker (CAPSW) required.
6. Certified Advanced Practice Social Worker (CISW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred.
7. Assessment and evaluation skills required.
8. Knowledge of hospital settings and the impact of disease on patients and their support systems required.
9. Ability to work independently, while collaborating effectively as a team member with other health professional team members required.
10. Proven skills in identification of stressors affecting patients and their families required.
11. Knowledge of and ability to work within a complex health care system is required in this position required.
12. Skill in verbal and written communication is required to provide patient and families as well as multiple caregivers and various hospital departments with information necessary for patient care required.
13. Ability to work autonomously and utilize organizational skills is essential to successfully provide the diverse services that patients and families require, as well as the ability to respond to consultation requests from physicians, other hospital disciplines and community professionals required.
Physical Requirements: Sedentary- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This is a Non-Represented position and falls into Pay Grade 6. The salary range begins at $43,004 per year. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
100%, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. On call required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
This position is in the "Authority Non-Rep" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (15 days) // (Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Legal Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (12 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Tracey Glinski for more information at email@example.com or at 608-265-8893.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 20 months ago