Position: JDE Maintenance Coordinator (Maintenance Planner)
Reports to: Reliability Manager
Shift: As required
Purpose of the Position
The purpose of the JDE Maintenance Coordinator is to safely provide superior maintenance clerical and administrative service to our internal and external customers. The Maintenance Coordinator (Planner) “owns” the work order system. This is accomplished by actively performing appropriate plant and/or maintenance department day‐to‐day and project planning with superior recordkeeping processes. The Maintenance Planner works as an independent decision maker and directs day‐to‐day work activities of the Maintenance Department. The Maintenance Planner has authority for purchasing parts and supplies for the facility with established budgetary guidelines. This position is salaried.
The objective of the JDE Maintenance Coordinator is to further foster cooperative and productive business relationships between departments and all plant personnel. This position will actively participate in planning and scheduling plant projects, planned maintenance, process improvement, predictive maintenance and condition monitoring of all plant equipment with a focus on reducing production downtime by orchestrating resources with the Plant Leadership with the guidance of the Reliability Manager. The JDE Maintenance Coordinator will communicate with Plant Operations Team members regularly in order to schedule and plan work, identifying equipment availability in order to effectively execute required activities on all plant equipment. The JDE Maintenance Coordinator must have a commanding use of the JDE computer platform within the parameter levels set for the position, including effectively managing the work order system. The JDE Maintenance Coordinator actively participates in the RockTenn safety processes while working with the awareness that all accidents are preventable.
Among the measurable goals of the Maintenance Planning process is to achieve a minimum of 85% planned maintenance and 60% actual hands‐on time of department technicians, with 100% of maintenance labor hours booked into the JDE system against payroll hours.
The JDE Maintenance Coordinator contributes to the organization as follows:
1. Performs all job duties in a safe and conscientious manner utilizing the appropriate safety training and job safety analysis procedures established by the plant safety guidelines.
2. Supports and helps drive the OP X / LSS (Lean Six Sigma) process through the use of a comprehensive closed loop work order system. The Maintenance Coordinator is the Work Order System Champion. “ No work will be done without a Work Order” will be the practice and that all labor time be charged to the work order.
3. Ensures a closed‐loop work order system. The original work requestors will be kept informed, on an ongoing basis, of the status of their work requests.
4. Assures assigned work to all department technicians via kitting and delivering and other methods that contribute to the efficiency of the Maintenance workforce.
5. Assists management in supporting the standard and expectations of Maintenance Department performance for optimum plant operations.
6. Serves as facility JDE Maintenance implementation champion and works with Area / Regional / Division personnel to achieve full compliance with defined standards.
7. Coordinates the use of materials and verifies material supply chain management for all plant departments for planning purposes.
8. Assists the Maintenance Lead person, with the guidance of the Maintenance Manager, in administering the standards and expectations of maintenance department performance.
9. Monitors and measures progress against stated goals.
10. Provides consistent focus on customer needs and requirements as well as organizations’ process involvement.
11. Performs a variety of office/clerical responsibilities as required to support the effectiveness of the maintenance department and maintenance personnel.
12. Ensures that completed work orders, including planned projects, activities and services rendered to the plant are accurately recorded in the JDE system in order to continuously improve repetitive jobs, including Preventative Maintenance task lists. Records are to be readily retrievable by others.
13. Develops, monitors, and measures maintenance part purchasing processes against plant‐ and corporate‐published policies and procedures.
14. If staffed, directs the plant storekeeper / purchaser under the guidance of the Reliability Manager to ensure that appropriate plant materials/parts inventories are restocked and maintained promptly and accurately.
15. Provides clerical support to other departments as necessary to include areas such as feedback on maintenance requests, machine maintenance history, preventive and predictive maintenance or part ordering status.
16. Supports plant and maintenance department personnel as needed with supply/material technical or recordkeeping issues.
17. Coordinates and maintains all maintenance department recordkeeping procedures, and software applications.
18. Coordinates the organization and distribution process for the plant and maintenance materials inventory/distribution/supply inventory system. Conducts weekly cycle counts based on JDE and RockTenn guidelines.
19. Measures maintenance work processes against plant‐ and corporate‐published processes, procedures and policies.
20. Ensures adequate inspection of incoming parts and materials to verify correct specifications for planned work.
21. Communicates effectively with all plant personnel regarding equipment operational and maintenance issues.
22. Participates in appropriate maintenance team process problems, communications meetings, and corrective action activities.
23. Uses established Maintenance KPIs to target ongoing improvement to Machinery Reliability.
This position acts as a resource which plant personnel may use to accomplish
the goals and expectations set for them.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely Maximizing Machine Center Uptime and Speed through efficient and timely
utilization of Manpower, Materials, Methods and Equipment, at the lowest
possible cost, is the Maintenance Planner’s PRIMARY and most important
function. All other tasks that the Planner is responsible for subordinate to this.
2. Works with appropriate maintenance and other plant personnel, to ensure all planned work and recordkeeping is complete and timely.
3. Provides input to appropriate leadership personnel regarding suggestions or methods that will improve plant/maintenance department purchasing recordkeeping processes and procedures.
4. Assists with additional maintenance department processes as requested by the Reliability Manager or other management personnel.
5. Completes and distributes appropriate reports when required or needed.
6. Coordinates plant/maintenance department materials purchasing applications in order to effectively plan all maintenance work projects.
7. Coordinates with the all maintenance personnel and Production Coordinator with the Leadership and Maintenance Systems Supervisor with the guidance of the Reliability Manager.
8. Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive business relationships.
9. Utilizes and supports training and education programs designed specifically for the advancement of RockTenn personnel.
10. Coaches and assists maintenance department personnel pertaining to company processes, procedures, and policies for designated maintenance duties and activities.
11. Uses plant process training and training opportunities for employees regarding safety,maintenance‐related duties, production improvement and quality.
12. Assists the department Lead person, with the guidance of the Reliability Manager, in the training of all of the appropriate maintenance department personnel.
13. Monitors with the guidance of the Reliability Manager in managing the maintenance departments’ operating budget to ensure compliance with outlined budgetary goals.
14. Responsible to assist the Reliability Manager in supporting and developing Maintenance Department matrix, report cards, flow charts and documented procedures.
15. Participates in recurring training as required by federal, state and local requirements to include any special requirements as dictated by RockTenn.
16. Helps to develop maintenance specifications while also making recommendations and implementing continuous improvement solutions.
17. Leads, supports, and when appropriate, participates on process improvement teams.
18. Initiates, leads and supports preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and condition monitoring processes.
19. Leads activities pertaining to maintenance material supplier certification, outsourcing and O.E.M. part identification.
20. Identifies and provides instructions to maintenance personnel as to specific job skills required to perform their respected duties.
21. Provides input to the Reliability Manager regarding job skill expectations required to perform maintenance department designated job tasks.
22. Participates and supports group meetings for the purpose of communicating customer, plant and maintenance‐related information relative to improvement of all maintenance operations.
Skill and Aptitude Requirements
Potential for promotion to the Maintenance Supervisor position.
Must be able to give input and support definable maintenance expectations and goals.
Provides direction to subordinates.
Must be proficient or capable of rapidly learning plant/maintenance inventory systems, maintenance software, and maintenance scheduling methods.
Must have working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Must be able to set aside personal beliefs in support of organizational needs and requirements.
Must be capable of using a computer to support appropriate work applications, including the JDE systems, Microsoft Office software and other company provided software.
Must be able to perform in a team environment.
Must be able to give constructive feedback.
Ability to lead continuous improvement teams utilizing the tools set forth by RockTenn.
Ability to work well with others.
Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner and defuse emotional situations with fact‐base response.
Ability to separate opinion from fact and make fact‐based presentations.
Must possess and utilize effective verbal and written communications skills to make presentations to small or large groups.
Must be able to work additional hours and flexible hours (weekends) as needed, depending upon customer needs and requirements.
Must be able to use and evaluate feedback in order to optimize maintenance capabilities. (Performance reviews, Manager and Supervisor evaluations)
Ability to lead and coach others and be open to supervisory/employee input and/or suggestions.
19.Must be capable of training, coaching and developing department personnel.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Some college experience preferred.
1‐3 years experience in manufacturing environment; material purchasing and planning desired. 1 year manufacturing maintenance system applications environment preferred.
Office clerical or accounting experience preferred.
Strong computer/data entry experience and familiarization with Microsoft Office programs.
Experience in phone and direct supplier contacts; conflict resolution; time and customer service contact process management.
Experience in parts inventory management system application preferred.
Experience in material supply chain management and supplier ratings and qualification process preferred.
Journeyman Mechanical or Electrical experience preferred but not necessary.
4. Highly organized
5. Proactive communicator
6. Self‐motivated and self‐disciplined
7. Honest and trustworthy
9. Positive and empathetic
10. Calm and resilient when under stress
11. Influential and directable
12. Team player and a leader
14. Must enjoy coaching and developing people
Rock Tenn Company - 5 months ago
Rock-Tenn Company (Rock-Tenn) is a manufacturer of packaging products, paperboard and merchandising displays. The Company operates in four s...