Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
***LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED***
Four years of experience as a machinist or completion of a recognized apprenticeship program is required. Experience with numerically controlled machinery is mandatory. Must possess good mathematical skills and must have working knowledge of shop math, blueprint reading, and shop layout; and must be familiar with welding preparations and drawing symbols. Must be able to operate forklifts. Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current State issued driver's license.
The incumbent sets up and operates machine tools; fits/assembles parts to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines by applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. The incumbent reports to the Machinist Foreman, general foreman, or salaried supervisor and has no supervisory responsibility. Must have full working knowledge of all conventional machine shop tools such as lathes, mills, grinders, saws, drill presses, etc., as well as Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining and turning centers;
2. Fabricates components from a variety of metals such as low carbon steels, alloy steels, stainless steels, titanium, magnesium, monel, aluminum, bronze, brass, Teflon, and other plastics/rubber, etc.;
3. Must have full capacity of setups and tooling selection as well as programming capability of CNC machine tools. Must be capable of holding strict tolerances and must be able to produce exotic threads.
4. Must be capable of limited design sketching working with engineers, technicians, scientists, physicists, etc. Must have capability of reading complicated engineering drawings and sketches and turning them into the desired machined part or assembly;
5. Must be capable of using all hand tools such as drills, sanders, and grinders to make final bench fits and assemblies;
6. Adheres to all Company EEO, affirmative action, environmental, health, safety, quality assurance, and security programs.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Work is performed indoors in climate-controlled repair shop and occasionally outside subject to inclement weather conditions.
Tools & Equipment Used may include Hand/power tools, pneumatic tools, micrometer, lathes, milling machines, grinders, shapers, saws, drill presses, forklift, jib cranes, overhead cranes, and other equipment as needed. Safety equipment includes hardhat, safety glasses, safety belt, steel-toed safety shoes, and eye/hearing protection. Prolonged use of hearing protection may be required.
URS Corporation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...