Inbound Contact Center Telesales Pre-Packaged Vacation (PPV) Agent
Job ID #: 23660
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - NV - Las Vegas
Functional Area : Sales
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : High School Diploma
Experience Required : Entry Level
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
The PPV Telesales Agent is responsible for receiving high-volume inbound sales and service calls from customers wanting to purchase or change Expedia.ca Pre-Packaged Vacations and Build your own air, hotel, car, and package and destination activities.
- Use expert sales techniques to turn inquiries into sales, as well as effectively up-sell and cross-sell packages.
- Must be able to manage service related items on PPV bookings. Such as, calling 3rd party Tour operators to make changes and/or cancellations.
- Provide exemplary customer service while working courteously with the customer and vendors, as appropriate, throughout the booking process.
- Utilize Expedia.ca’s systems to efficiently maneuver through travel options, research rates, and offer packages that are most appealing to the customer’s needs.
- Provide travel destination and accommodation recommendations based on travel knowledge.
- Accurately inform the customer about Expedia.ca’s policies, providing detailed legal scripts, while maintaining departmental quality standards.
- Display technical savvy in navigating through various systems and tools while speaking with the customer in order to provide the most expert service and experience.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Department operating hours, 7 days a week 5am-9:00pm
- Must have complete shift flexibility 5 days per week
Minimum Requirements :
- Must have previous strong sales experience, preferably in a telesales or online sales environment, to include expert qualifying skills, objection handling skills, and closing skills.
- Must have exceptional verbal communication skills, displaying expert active listening skills and questioning skills, as well as showing empathy, strong customer orientation, and strong vocal modulation.
- Must have very strong attention to detail, be highly organized, and demonstrate accuracy while managing time efficiently.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be quick learner, be willing to adapt to a changing environment, and have strong problem-solving ability.
- Must have strong critical-thinking skills while working efficiently to meet the customer’s needs.
- Must have previous multi-tasking experience working with online tools, websites and other internet resources.
- Prior travel industry experience is strongly preferred, including basic geography and destination knowledge, along with a strong passion for travel.
- Ability to work multiple tasks
- Pleasant and clearly understandable phone voice
- Ability to listen to customers via phone system
- Ability to sit at a desk for two or more hours at a time
- Regular typing, use of mouse, and ability to write regularly for 8 or more hours a day
- Ability to lift and carry 10lbs.
- Ability to operate computer and other equipment in the office
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/ (NASDAQ: EXPE).
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...