Performs simple or routine tasks in the areas of geotechnical drafting, computations, and performs general clerical duties.
With general supervision and little decision-making:
- Complete simple geotechnical drafting and/or plotting as assigned by professional staff under close supervision and detailed instructions.
- Complete simple and routine computations as assigned.
- Perform background information gathering given detailed instructions from professional staff, which includes maps of the area, completed company jobs of the area, or related technical subject matter.
- Assist higher level positions in completing work groups’ clerical or accounting duties and perform other assignments as requested.
- Contact limited to work group.
- Meet utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Be able to travel as required, both domestically and internationally.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- High School with some drafting.
- Technical School in drafting preferred.
- Some college level courses in related field of engineering.
- A general understanding of drafting.
- Good math aptitude.
- A general knowledge of computers.
- Good typing and general clerical skills.
Performs light work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree is preferred. 1-2 years’ experience is preferred.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
what we offer
Interested candidates should submit resume to FCLjobs@fugro.com , Attention: Human Resources Coordinator.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.
Fugro - 21 months ago