About Banner Desert Medical Center
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Ariz., Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona’s largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVinci® Surgical System. Our commitment to innovative, compassionate care enabled us to be named to the 2009 Community Value Index® Five-Star hospitals list.
About Cardon Children's Medical Center
If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children’s Medical Center on the campus of Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology – including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery – to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments and developing appropriate nutrition care plans and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input into patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise.
- Provides comprehensive nutrition assessment of patients' nutritional needs. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence-based standards and nutrition practice guidelines.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and communicates effectively to the other members of the healthcare team to provide optimal nutrition outcomes. Provides pertinent information in the medical records, patient plans of care and/or clinical pathways while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and Local Agencies).
- Provides nutrition education to patients, families, staff and other health care team professionals through the development of effective teaching materials and in-service programs; Evaluates patient and/or family response to education.
- Provides leadership in area of coverage, monitors proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas. May participate in process improvement teams. Serves as mentor to new staff.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities in clinical areas to ensure optimal nutrition care outcomes are achieved. May participate in outcome studies as needed. In some roles, this position may manage assigned staff: recruits, selects, trains, evaluates, manages performance.
Must possess knowledge of nutrition and dietetics demonstrated through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics. Must be a Registered Dietitian or RD Eligible (academic and professional requirements as defined by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; RD credentials within 6 months of hire). Must hold current registration through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and be able to maintain ongoing registration while providing verification of registration annually. Maintains current licensure as required by State law. Must be able to communicate effectively and function independently. Must be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load. Must be able to communicate effectively and function independently. Must be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 13 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.