Coordinates print order fulfillment and manages execution of print promotions for Valassis clients. Utilizes proper process, appropriate tools and techniques to meet client and vendor requirements. Communicates and educates internally and externally on standard Graphic Services process. Mediates between opposing client program objectives and internal resource/external capabilities, as required.
- Note- this is a print-advertising traffic position, and not creative graphic design.
1. Internal Contact : Collaborates and communicates clearly with other departments to ensure client deadlines are met. Translates client’s needs and directs internal departments to meet client’s expectations. Monitors workload and consults with leaders to determine execution strategy.
2. Project Facilitation : Performs data entry functions applicable to the completion of client orders for the related business unit. Compiles project details and utilizes internal GS systems to track progress and monitor project details and deliverables. Interprets client instructions and directs project execution. Manages and ensures adherence to internal deadlines. Understands and interprets GS policies and processes and weighs against client needs. Aligns internal and external resources, as necessary, and demonstrates the ability to juggle competing priorities.
3. Client and External Contact : Provides recommendations, as necessary, on products, schedules and project design. Understands technical requirements and is able to communicate them clearly. Troubleshoots client issues and proactively develops solutions. Negotiates with vendors on project scheduling and custom product recommendations/execution.
4. Issue Resolution: Investigates and resolves issues for job-related tasks and owns the escalation of issues as appropriate until resolved. Effectively collaborates with internal partners, clients and vendors to find the best solution. Communicates and positions information on challenging situations to internal partners, clients and vendors.
5. Product-Line Specific Functions : Performs additional product-line specific tasks as assigned.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Requires knowledge of standardized rules or procedures (e.g., standard operating procedures) requiring considerable functional training and experience.
3. Expected to work independently through problems but may require occasional guidance or direction
4. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to utilize internal, custom computer systems/tools and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word and Internet software.
5. Able to translate, understand and educate internal/external contacts on Valassis product details and requirements.
6. Able to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of personality types, and across different internal and external environments.
7. Accomplished in making judgments and implementing complex procedures that required extended skill in order to ensure proper completion.
8. Able to gain an in-depth understanding of the roles of various functional groups within the company.
9. Requires extensive training and experience to perform a wide variety of interrelated procedural assignments and resolve a wide variety of issues.
10. Able to communicate affectively to varied audiences, including strong positioning skills and positioning sensitive information with limited direction
11. Minimal travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in graphics-related field plus 1-2 years experience in Desktop Publishing, Advertising, Marketing or Customer Service, or equivalent experience. May require specialized technical/administrative skills.
Valassis Communications, Inc. (Valassis) is a media and marketing services company, offering reach and scale to more than 15,000...