EchoStar is hiring a Cable Installation Technician that will be responsible for the installation & termination of Coax, UTP, Multi-conductor and Fiber Optic Cables. This person will also be responsible for the mechanical configuration of equipment racks and the installation of electronic equipment and maintain the integrity of the system wiring and documentation.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with Satellite uplinks throughout the U.S. including Gilbert, AZ and Cheyenne, WY, EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Cutting, labeling, pulling, dressing and terminating various types of cables.
- Rack mounting electronic equipment to manufacturers specifications.
- Performs mechanical set-up of equipment racks.
- Basic operation of cable test equipment.
- Reports daily status of assigned tasks to Project Leader.
- Maintains a clean & organized work environment.
- Complies with all Department Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Some travel may be requested.
- Two-year associate degree or certificate from college or technical school; or at least 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Low-voltage electrical license or Systems Installer certification from Telecommunication/Broadcast industry organizations such as, BICSI, InfoComm, NSCA, SCTE, etc. is preferred.
- Applicants should have a basic understanding of video/audio/data signal flow, industry standards & cable installation best practices.
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures, operation & installation documentation.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers or other employees of the organization
EchoStar - 22 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...