At Englewood Community Hospital we work hard to contribute to the health of our patients by ensuring the happiness of our people. As part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, we focus on your needs while providing excellent care to our patients. Our intimate 100-bed hospital has earned major accolades for our Orthopedic, Stroke and Cardiac achievements. We are also an accredited Chest Pain Center offering many "big-city" services to our patients.
Discover how we care in our vibrant, beachfront community where the patient and our community always come first.
The WOC (Wound, Ostomy, Continence) Nurse organizes and manages the care of patients within the facility with specific care needs related to the integumentary, gastrointestinal and genitourinary systems. This includes demonstrating clinical expertise in undertaking accurate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for patients with complex wounds, ostomies and continence disorders. The WOC nurse will also serve as a clinical resource to other nursing staff and be prepared to function in the roles of educator and leader.
- When appropriate, assist with preoperative preparation of patient undergoing stoma placement, including site selection and education.
- Maintains current WOCN certification and participates in continuing education programs relative to this specialty.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records and documentation of activities and statistical reports.
- Develop and maintain a formulary of supplies for the management of wounds, ostomy and continence disorders that incorporates product evaluations, cost-effectiveness comparisons and outcomes quality.
- Participates on at least one hospital committee, task force and/or community health-related service.
- Current Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CWOCN Certification by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) or successful completion of certification within one year of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience in the acute care setting
- Current BLS certification (required)
HCA Inc - 24 months ago
A 100-bed acute care hospital, offering a wide variety of healthcare services, we strive to create a culture that fosters compassion and...