The Quaker Team is looking for a Packaging Engineer to support business teams with technical expertise and develop innovative packaging customization for growth channels (Mass Merchandisers, Club Stores, Dollar Stores and Drug Stores).
The Packaging Engineer will work closely with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Purchasing and Finance to create new business opportunities or develop packaging solutions for established projects that support the Quaker Food Services Business Channel.
The Packaging Engineer will create some primary packaging with a heavy emphasis on secondary and tertiary packaging components. In this role, the engineer will creatively interface with equipment components. Must create "go to market" solutions that deliver product efficiently via multiply distribution techniques.Must maintain a current understanding of packaging technologies within the Quaker Food Services plants and co-packers, as well as technology developments within the packaging industry and ensure strategies incorporate those developments to optimize overall system cost and efficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
- BS Engineering required or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience with food/beverage packaging experience
- Experience with primary, secondary and tertiary packaging materials and have excellent knowledge of the inter- relationship with equipment
- Strong conceptual, analytical and technical skills with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with packaging development and commercialization, strong project management skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and consumer driven environment
- Must have capability to manage multiple smaller programs in parallel to development projects
- Must be able and willing to travel 15% - 20%
PepsiCo Inc. is an American multinational food and beverage corporation headquartered in Purchase, New York, United States, with interests...