: Collaborative Planner for Distribution - DC/V Product Focus
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Cisco's Internet Protocol-based (IP) networking solutions are the foundation of the Internet and most corporate, education, and government networks around the world. Cisco provides the broadest line of solutions for transporting data, voice and video within buildings, across campuses, or around the world. Cisco controls almost two-thirds of the market for key Internet backbone products such as routers and switches. It also makes network access servers and management software.
Distribution Planning is a function within Cisco’s Demand Management & Planning group driving collaborative planning processes to extend the supply chain and transform business for Cisco and its Distribution Partners. We are looking for a collaborative planning lead for distribution in multiple theaters. The leadership opportunity extends beyond supply chain planning fundamentals as change management leadership and both internal and external process integration are necessary to realize the value of collaborative planning in the forward supply chain.
The Collaborative Planning lead will be responsible for managing the collaboration planning, fulfillment and replenishment process with Cisco Distribution Partners. The individual will be responsible for driving the end-to-end process between Distribution and Cisco’s Value Chain from customer sell-thru forecasting to distribution sell-in requirements and inventory management to manufacturing order management. This person will work closely with Distributors, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Supply Chain Operations to develop and manage a sales & operations plan that is based on a feasible supply plan and optimizes customer/regional service levels given the available supply. Ultimately the cross functional Co-planning lead will drive decision-making based on the linkage of unit-based demand at the distribution level to meeting corporate revenue plans and targets. The job will require keen analytical skills, business acumen, the ability to effectively interface with technical and marketing partners and great customer service.
The individual will also participate in continuous process improvement initiatives focused on streamlining forecasting processes while reducing non-value-added activities. This position will have high visibility working directly with senior management and distributors at Cisco.
Specific Skills and Experience
- Influence Distributors to adopt the program, develop a go to market strategy for supply chain, develop customer loyalty and establish strong working relationship with customers/distributors.
- Able to balance multiple functional inputs including distributor forecasts, point of sale information, inventory buffer requirements, product life cycle information from marketing, and statistical forecasts to create an accurate and timely monthly distributor forecast
- Understand the dynamics between supply and demand balancing and be able to help distributors optimize inventory levels and maximize fill rate
- Responsible for analyzing and synthesizing complex business data from multiple product groups. Continuously develop and refine analytical and statistical models to forecast demand
- Responsibilities include analyzing product trends, explaining forecast changes to corporate and manufacturing planning organizations, managing supply available to ensure customer satisfaction is high. Responsible and accountable for forecast accuracy metrics and supporting manufacturing in overall lead time attainment metrics
- Key player in the Co-Planning team will be providing distributor insight’s on product ramps, demand changes and driving communication back to distributors when an imbalance is created between supply and demand
- Identify and drive change in dependent processes both within Cisco and with Distribution Partners – partnering to establish a programmatic structure to define and execute process evolution internally and externally to optimize the relationship between inventory planning and order management.
- Define strategy for the overall program
- A minimum of 6-8 years of demand planning, supply and demand balancing, operations management, production control, and inventory management. This experience will ideally be gained in a high volume, outsourced production environment
- Prior experience in Forecasting, Modeling, Financial Analysis, Product Marketing and Manufacturing Planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Strong problem solving, decision making and influence skills
- Demonstrate industry, technical and business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and presentation skills required. Understands Cisco's business model and the direction of the networking equipment industry; understands relationship/ importance of forecasting as a competitive advantage. Uses industry, technical and Cisco business knowledge to prepare accurate and timely monthly forecasts for multiple product groups.
- Must be a self-starter, possess excellent organization skills, and have the aptitude to define operational requirements and implement processes and systems to support those requirements
- Thrive in an environment with an agenda for change, growth, innovation, and entrepreneurial behavior. Can demonstrate the ability to operate continually at an “up-tempo” pace in a dynamic, fast moving culture.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
MBA or Equivalent Preferred
Workplace Diversity - 10 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our em...