Sunbelt Rentals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ashtead Group plc, is one of the largest equipment rental companies in the U.S. Based in Fort Mill, S.C., we serve the needs of a wide variety of customers – from commercial, residential, municipal and specialized service industries to weekend do-it-yourselfers. With a large network of locations in 34 states and the District of Columbia, we deliver the equipment you need and provide a superior level of customer service.
At Sunbelt Rentals we aspire to be the best player in the industry, not the biggest.
The Profit Center Manager (PCM) is the Managing Director of his or her own Profit Center. In addition to applying Sunbelt policies, concentration should be focused on maximizing the profitability of his or her Profit Center by making sure that it runs efficiently and effectively.
- Review daily all contracts raised, i.e... Creations, amendments, suspensions and terminations.
- Assess daily the need for purchasing equipment through feedback from salesman, rental manager, customer feedback, supplier salesman and Marketing Department Product Managers.
- Assess, modify (if needed) and approve Sales Plan weekly and ensure that it is carried out appropriately.
- Ensure on-going compliance with all statutory requirements
- Department of Transportation
- Remedial work in respect of Aerial Work Platform
- Review daily the debt collection efforts (calls and/or visits made)
- Inspect Profit Center yard daily
- Ensure Salesman and Rental Manager are aware of slow moving equipment
- Ensure that Shop Foreman is aware of all equipment not available for rent
- Ensure that Profit Center Yard, facility and staff are in a presentable state. This includes making sure that all employees are wearing clean, properly fitting company supplied uniforms.
- Various reporting, to include; but not limited to
- Monthly rental income forecast
- Daily contract count
- Capitol approval requests
- Perform other duties assigned as assigned by the district manager.
- Manages Customer Service Reps, Salesman, Shop Foreman and Drivers.
- Monitoring each through the Operational Reporting and Financial Reporting on each function.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Also, conducting successful monthly Performance Review meeting, ensuring Salesman, Rental Managers and Workshop Foreman present their area of responsibility; have a clear plan for the following month to present to staff.
Education and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license
- 3-4 years of Rental Industry experience or a Business Management degree with at least 1 year of Rental Industry experience
Sunbelt Rentals - 9 months ago
Sunbelt Rentals shines in the equipment rental business. A huge rental equipment company in the US, Sunbelt specializes in the rental and...