PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Respiratory Therapist evaluates, treats, and cares for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. They practice under the direction of a physician. Provides bedside respiratory care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician's written order for both in house and out patient care.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy
- 1-3 years experience preferred
- Current Florida Respiratory License
- Must be certified or otherwise licensed to practice respiratory care in the state of Florida. BLS, NRP.
- Must pass Level 2 background screening
- Demonstrated current theoretic and clinical expertise with respect to community Respiratory Therapy Practices and education.
- Knowledge of methods of oxygen delivery and side effects
Baptist Health Care - 12 months ago
Built in 1948, Baptist Hospital of East Tennessee, a 329-bed acute care full-service hospital, has become the premier facility for the...