Cognizant is a leading provider of Information Technology, Consulting, IT Infrastructure, and Business Process Outsourcing services. Cognizant’s single-minded mission is to dedicate our business process and technology innovation know-how, deep industry expertise, and worldwide resources to working together with customers to make their businesses stronger. As a customer-centric, relationship-driven partner, we are redefining the way companies experience and benefit from global services. Our unique delivery model is infused with a distinct culture of high customer satisfaction. Cognizant delivers a trusted partnership, cost reductions and business results.
We are looking for a Linux Administrator to work in San Francisco, CA. The resource will be responsible for builds, tests, and maintains Linux based hardware and software infrastructure components, Documents all policies, procedures and standards around the build and continuing operation of Linux systems.
Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in engineering and design capacities.
Deep Understanding of UNIX/Linux Fundamentals and concepts.
- Extensive System Administration experience with Red Hat Linux Operating System. Experience with other Unix/Linux versions is a plus.
- Proven experience in VMWARE/KVM running large scale Virtualized environments
- Scripting experience, specifically with Ruby/Perl and/or shell scripting language to automate existing and workloads and routine system administration tasks.
- Experience with Chef / Puppet /CfEngine will be a big plus.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BIND, LDAP and other core technologies such as Sendmail, NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS etc
Cognizant is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at
or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
Cognizant Technology Solutions is an EEO M/F/V/H.
Organization Marketing Statement
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH)
is a global IT services and business process outsourcing solutions provider headquartered in Teaneck, N.J. Founded in 1994 as an IT development and maintenance services arm of The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, the company spun-off as an independent organization two years later.
Since 1996, Cognizant has worked closely with large organizations to help them build stronger, more efficient, and agile businesses. By leveraging highly flexible business processes, a seamless global delivery network as well as deep domain expertise, Cognizant delivers a better ‘return on outsourcing’.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science graduates with 4-7 years of experience.
Cognizant Technology Solutions remains mindful of the state of your technology. Cognizant provides application maintenance services,...