The primary responsibilities are the implementation of new product costing, ongoing standard cost updates and
cost variance analysis. Duties include working with cost team to build sustainable standard cost models to facilitate
efficient standard cost updates in enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES ( including but not limited to accountabilities below):
- Responsible for the accurate and timely calculation of standard costs as well as period-end inventory reports and related journal entries.
- Review bills of materials and routings for completeness and usability in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Compile cost data for month ly standard labor and overhead standard cost calculations.
- Analyze manufacturing variance accounts each month and prepare management summaries along with reviewing packaging standard costs and make appropriate updates on a month ly basis.
- Review purchase price variance accounts as well as review the monthly reports for large variances.
- Review retro settlement from price change and analyze major transactions.
- Prepare month end analysis of material cost and variances; analyze and review material cost by vehicle, trim and grade.
- Define cost elements for product costing and maintain CO master data.
- Measure organization's performance based on predefined product costs .
- Create ad hoc reports as needed for KMMG (Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia) and KMC (Kia Motors Corporation) management.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline, along with two (2) to five (5) years of Accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to comprehend and comply with general divisional policies and procedures in conducting day-to-day accounting and administrative responsibilities
- General knowledge of Accounting and Finance principles and methods
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Experience working with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Prior ERP experience preferred (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Must be able to work overtime
Kia Motors - 13 months ago