Mondelēz International is currently seeking a Senior Scientist Carbohydrates, Starches and Hydrocolloids in the Global Ingredient Research department. The position will be located in East Hanover, NJ. As a Senior Scientist, you will use your ingredient expertise to lead and contribute to technical projects aimed to deliver step-change innovation to Mondelēz International. You will plan and execute experiments with support from global analytical, product categories and external collaborators and drive interpretation, communication and reporting. Fundamental understanding is applied to analysis of results to drive business relevant recommendations with minimum supervision from line manager. The candidate will also continuously build on widening and deepening the knowledge of ingredient functionality and use this information to identify new routes and provide consultancy to relevant parts of the business.
The Global Ingredient Research team consists of 20-30 colleagues based in several locations. This role reports to the senior group leader currently based in the UK.
Build and manage internal relationships with peers and technical specialists in R&D. With guidance of senior colleagues, create an external network with relevant suppliers and academia. Be informed about external developments by visiting conferences and reading relevant literature.
- Drive and lead projects aimed to develop and implement the usage of new ingredients and improve our product portfolio or processing.
- Update and communicate progress and results with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish solid experimental plans, conduct appropriate testing, gather and analyze data and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Formulate recommendations and write technical reports so that results can be used and implemented.
- Support commercialization process within cross-functional team.
- Be a point of contact for ad-hoc questions or support fact-finding to support colleagues around the world.
M.S. or PhD degree in Food Science or Chemistry (or related field)
Minimum 5 years experience in Food Industry
Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
Ability to get results through working with a diverse team
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity
Travel up to 35%
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Mondelēz International therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status.
Mondelēz International - 17 months ago