The Controller directs the financial affairs, reviews and ensures accurate preparation of all end of month (EOM) reporting and monthly financial statements/packets and ensures the accounting department follows company policies, procedures and company approved accounting practices, maintenance of fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports. The Controller has a fiduciary responsibility to Alliance Residential Company and ownership entities of each asset. The Controller monitors accounting policies and procedures relative to property accounting. The Controller sets the tone in establishing a customer service attitude within the accounting department and communicates priorities that include but are not limited to: monthly financial reviews, J/E, re-class and variance reporting activity, timely submittal of EOM accounting package to the Company’s corporate accounting office, issuance of demands for non-payment of rent, delinquency monitoring and collections ongoing communication with the Sr. Vice President of Finance and corporate accounting entities regarding accounting challenges and inter-departmental communications.
- Recruit and retain exceptional property accountants and A/P clerks; determine department efficiencies and appropriate size of accounting team
- Develop and mentor bench strength with focus on promoting from within when possible
- Establish inter department communication protocol and assist personnel in effective communication
- Establish and communicate expectations and goals on an on-going basis
- Identify job duties, work schedules, and appropriate department staffing to include ongoing training needs among accounting team
- Development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results
- Maintain the company’s system of accounts, books and records on all company transactions and assets
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements and EOM procedures, A/P and A/R, and forwarding of resident legal notices to include forwarding of resident files for legal action and collections
- Ensure accurate month end close processes
- Special projects, research and other duties as assigned by the SVP
Alliance is our Company.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and accounting strategist
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change
- High level of professionalism and poise
- Independent and autonomous work style
- Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate both to field personnel and corporate personnel
Since opening in 2000, the culture at Alliance has been a determining factor in creating an enjoyable and productive work environment within the multifamily industry. Not only do we inspire our Associates to have great careers, but great lives as well! By arming top talent with state-of-the-art systems and innovative processes, Alliance drives promotion from within and implements defined career paths for all positions. We take pride in establishing a fun and rewarding environment for all Associates, complemented by an industry leading benefits package! Setting us apart from the competition, we also deliver company paid training, competitive compensation, housing discounts, flexible hours, and the position of a lifetime!
Alliance Residential Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Alliance Residential found the ultimate ally to manage its property holdings -- itself. The company owns, manages, and redevelops apartment...