The UWHC Health Unit Coordinator - Associate position in the inpatient units work under the close supervision of the unit Clinical Nurse Manger. The UWHC Health Unit Coordinator - Associate is responsible for performing duties related to patient admission, transfer, and discharge, communication, computer data entries including but not limited to patient charges as directed by clinical nursing staff, working with the nursing coordinator as directed by the Care Team Leader (CTL) or Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) for bed placement, and other duties of a clerical nature.
The UWHC Health Unit Coordinator - Associate needs to possess a thorough working knowledge of departmental and hospital policy and procedures, medical terminology, principles of effective communication, and knowledge of data entry systems. A prime importance to this position is the ability to maintain control and order under stressful conditions and periods of high unit activity.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Preferred: One (1) to two (2) years of experience in a medical environment.
3. Proficient in medical terminology, basic human anatomy and physiology and medical abbreviations.
4. Data entry skills with various systems within the hospital.
5. Demonstrated skill in problem solving and decision-making.
6. Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
7. Ability to function as a team member and to contribute to overall planning for patient care.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and team members, including both verbal and written communication.
9. Ability to demonstrate efficient time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
10. Knowledge of the principles and practices of customer service and guest relations.
11. Effective organizational skills.
12. Physical Requirements: Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Multiple Posting Levels
This position is being posted at multiple levels. Selection would be based on seniority as follows: the candidate with the highest seniority across all levels will be selected unless the candidate at the higher level has special skills and abilities required for the position.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade F. The salary range begins at $13.16 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
100%, Day/Evening, 8/12 hour shifts with a weekend rotation required (A weekend).
This position is in the "WSEU" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (14 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (13 days/year)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERS)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Julie Schrader for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 608-264-9136.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.