We are looking for Vice President of Operations (Scafco Scaffolding & Insulation)
Position reports directly to President of company and responsible for all company Construction Management, including any Health, Safety and Environmental issues and proper implementation all programs. All field Project/Site Managers report directly to you on all progress, manpower, job status, issues and concerns for Management team resolution. Our company belief is ALL safety incidents with proper training and planning are preventable. And our yearly Goal is ZERO recordable injuries and incidents.
Job purpose of VP of Operations is to provide oversight and management for construction programs. The VP of Operations will lead the construction department in executing strategic plan, as it relates to construction, by establishing priorities and determining resource allocation for efficient and effective delivery of all construction projects.
Key duties/responsibilities of Vice President of Operations:
1. Oversee selection and coordination of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
2. Reviews construction and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
3. Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts, and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
4. Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
5. Report to senior management on progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
6. Work with the President, Management team, and Board to select companies for acquisition
7. Strategic Planning – Work with senior leadership to develop long term plans for the organization around growth and development of construction capacity.
8. Supervise Project Managers in managing staffing, volunteers, and schedules related to the day-to-day vertical construction aspects of projects. Review progress reports, check on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
9. Supervise pre-development, purchasing, warehouse, and training staff.
10. Determine appropriate revenue recognition measures, ensure timely and accurate reporting of project costs, and monitor payables for project.
11. Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
12. Guarantee project legal documents, permits, inspections etc., are completed and signed.
13. Regularly coordinate with other senior staff members – i.e. Directors of Employee Development and Training Services, Community Engagement, and Resource Development – to ensure a wholistic approach to projects that honors construction needs as well as other broad organizational objectives.
14. Create long-term department plans and work with staff to create and adhere to individual annual and 90-day plans.
15. Work with the CFO and COO to develop a cost-effective budget, schedule and tracking system for completion of multiple projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Follow all Corporate Health and Safety policies, procedures and manuals.
- Manage the OSHA compliance of all Health, Safety and Environmental polices and procedures.
- Assist in all First Aid and Injury investigations
- Injury incident investigation team member with assistance of HSE team assigned to investigations
We are a EEOC compliant employer and hire and promote from with-in based on performance and continuous training.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent experience
- 15+ years experience in Construction Management
- Experience with behavior based Safety Programs
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to lead Monthly Management Team building meetings and develop weekly/monthly programs for jobsite.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
- US Passport holder
- TWIC card holder
Our EEOC Statement and Policy:
Our policy is to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. This Company does not discriminate against an applicant for employment or its employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or handicap, sexual preference, veteran status, union affiliation or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions. Any employee, supervisor or manager who is found to be in violation of this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.