Sunbelt Rentals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ashtead Group plc, is one of the largest equipment rental companies in the U.S. Based in Fort Mill, S.C., we serve the needs of a wide variety of customers – from commercial, residential, municipal and specialized service industries to weekend do-it-yourselfers. With a large network of locations in 34 states and the District of Columbia, we deliver the equipment you need and provide a superior level of customer service.
At Sunbelt Rentals we aspire to be the best player in the industry, not the biggest.
The primary function of the Rental Technician is to deliver and remove equipment and supplies to and from the customer worksite in a vehicle that has a gross weight of less than 26,000 pounds.
- Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site, which may include; but is not limited to:
- Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
- Long distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
- Demonstration of proper equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site.
- Effectively communicates equipment issues with customers and Service Manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Fuel equipment on jobsite as needed.
- Perform safety inspections on equipment and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Conduct preventive maintenance when needed.
- Clean and maintain work vehicle as necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Meets all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements.
- Perform other duties assigned as by the manager or authorized personnel.
- Complete inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Posses a current CDL license with a HazMat endorsement and maintain a Sunbelt quality level driving record. The additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Definition of Non-CDL Vehicle
Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that meets neither the definition of Class A or Class B requirements (under 26,000 lbs.), but that is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver, or is used in the transportation of materials found to be hazardous for the purposes of the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act and which require the motor vehicle to be placarded under the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CRF part 172, subpart F)
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or
members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- 2 years experience preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have mechanical ability and knowledge of and certification in tractor-trailer operation and hauling.
- Must own and be able to effectively and safely use mechanic’s tools and equipment
- Knowledge of delivery area, safety requirements for equipment handling and transport a plus.
- Ability to work a rotating on call schedule that requires the individual to be available 7 days a week, after hours, weekends and holidays according to the schedule
Sunbelt Rentals - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Sunbelt Rentals shines in the equipment rental business. A huge rental equipment company in the US, Sunbelt specializes in the rental and...