GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
This position provides software engineering design leadership in a dynamic environment for AgileTrac products and subsystems. Act at technical leader responsible for software development process and quality outcomes.
• Lead the development and integration of AgileTrac Enterprise software applications
• Act as technical leader responsible for software development process and quality outcomes
• Responsible for execution of the team deliverables according to program needs
• Drive adherence to software engineering principles such as design reviews, code reviews and unit testing
• Lead implementation of software engineering best practices and identify needed improvements
• Identify technical improvement opportunities in current software programs to optimize operational performance and efficiency
• Work closely with product and implementation teams in requirements gathering and software design
• Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
• Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware availability
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field or Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of technical experience in the software development or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 8 years progressive experience as an engineer or scientist within the appropriate field of study).
• 6 years experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products
• Proven experience in object oriented design methodology and various programming languages and tool sets, C# required, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
• Expereince leading, directing, and mentoring development team members
• Ability to execute, excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Self-motivated, organized, initiative and capable of working under pressure
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Experience in software platform, advanced applications, user-interface design, system integration, and/or systems engineering
2. Team leadership experience
3. Experience in platform and application development
4. Agile methodology development experience
5. Passion for innovation & inventions
6. Love of refactoring
7. Experience in the Healthcare Industry
8. Prior GE Healthcare experience
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...