A leading source of information about risk, Verisk Analytics and ISO provide data, analytics, and decision-support services to professionals in many fields, including insurance, finance, real estate, health services, government, human resources, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, Verisk helps customers evaluate and manage risk. The company draws on vast expertise in actuarial science, insurance coverages, fire protection, fraud prevention, catastrophe and weather risk, predictive modeling, data management, economic forecasting, social and technological trends, and many other fields. To meet the needs of diverse clients, Verisk employs an experienced staff of business and technical specialists, analysts, and certified professionals. In the United States and around the world, Verisk helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. For more information, please visit our website www.verisk.com .
We offer a competitive salary, a solid benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k). Verisk is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
Primary responsibilities for an ideal candidate will include Implementation, maintenance and support of 300+ virtual and physical Linux/Unix server environment running on a z-Series architecture, RedHat Linux on Intel and SPARC based Sun Solaris platform.
- Troubleshooting, Upgrading, and Patching UNIX/Linux systems experience Novell, RedHat and Solaris environments.
- React to fixing security vulnerabilities as they are detected
- On-Call responsibilities, create documentation, resolve support tickets and meet Business SLAs.
- Performing DR drills several times an Year
- At least 6-8 years of experience required.
- Experience on RedHat or SuSE Enterprise Linux environments- Linux under IBM Mainframe a plus.
- Experience in installing and supporting Sun Solaris UNIX on Sun SPARC systems.
- Experience in Virtualization technology using EMC VMware, Solaris Zones or Containers or LDOM is a plus.
- Scripting : Batch and Shell scripting a plus.
- Good Understanding and experience of working in DNS, NFS, LVM, LAN/SAN environments.
- Knowledge of EMC networker, eVault or CommVault a plus- Backup and Restore experience required.
- Implementation/support experience, and supporting Peoplesoft environment, CA Autosys, CA Unicenter, NSM, Greenplum is desired.
- Exposure to working with environments monitored/secured with Arcsight, Tripwire, Nessus, PGP
- Experience in supporting environments running MySQL, Oracle, Apache/PHP.
- Expert in troubleshooting and performance tuning for applications and systems.
- Experienced in supporting production environment with availability and change management process
Verisk Analytics - 10 months ago