Now is an excellent opportunity to advance your career today! The Bendix/King Product Development Certification Director role will allow you to showcase your talent in a dynamic start-up team environment.
Honeywell Aerospace is a $11B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Bendix King is a strategic business unit in Aerospace. It is a global leader in Aviation serving General Avionics (GA) business. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make flying more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge Bendix King Technology in all its current products in GA cockpits of the world. This position will be located in Albuquerque , NM .
This position will lead a team that will provide product development and certification oversight for engineering development programs. The successful candidate will understand all aspects of the certification and development quality processes associated with General Aviation avionics product development and certification. Ability to support multiple functions (systems, software, hardware) and work with contracted multiple internal/external suppliers as required by each program. Candidate must have a demonstrated track record working with the FAA in a Part 23 environment.
Basic Qualifications :
- Develop and continuously improve lean and streamlined GA certification requirements and strategies.
- Build and manage a team to supply development certification oversight for engineering development activities. This team will insure that all development activities comply with FAA certification requirements.
- Review and approve product certification documentation (cert plans, compliance checklists, results) in support of multiple projects.
- Attend development reviews and witness compliance tests in support of certification.
- Coach and mentor design engineering on development certification requirements.
- Focal point for engineering communications with DERs and the FAA for Bendix/King product development projects.
Additional Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or lieu of a degree, 15 years experience in avionics product development certification
- 10 years avionics Engineering product development certification experience.
- 5 year of team leadership experience
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Extensive knowledge of FAA and EASA product certification requirements and standards.
- Part 23 certification experience, specifically in the areas of Software and Avionics Electronic Hardware product development.
- Experience as a TSO Specialist, TSO Manager, DAR, or DER is preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with Bendix/King Engineering and the FAA to meet business objectives.
- Pilot license is a plus.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...