Requistion ID: 13346
Position Title: Corp ES&H Specialist
Relocation Authorized: Yes
Location: Frederick, MD
Closing Date: 4-Feb-2011
Provides and/or monitors the medical and first-aid treatment programs on projects or facilities. Perform nursing duties in accordance with medical directives approved by the consulting physician and local governing agencies.
Registered Nurse with two or more years prior practicing nursing experience in emergency care, advanced emergency care and/or occupational health. Demonstrated skill and experience in planning and monitoring emergency response teams.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful candidate must be willing to:
- Reports to the Manager of Medical Services.
- Administer first aid treatment to injured or ill personnel and renders subsequent follow-up treatment as needed.
- Evaluate injuries and/or illnesses that require the services of a physician or hospital and makes referrals as necessary.
- Respond to emergency situations and provides treatment accordingly.
- Assist in the planning, development and administering of Drug and Alcohol Programs.
- Establish and maintain all first aid/medical records and prepare related reports as required by corporate policies.
- Develop information for health and wellness programs.
- Assist in the management of confidential medical records for Bechtel employees.
- Assist in developing and maintaining routine and confidential records filing systems.
- Compile travel health information for business travelers.
- Coordinate Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) direction for Bechtel's Facilities, Globally, and develop effective network among the facilities coordinators.
- Assist with the compiling, drafting, and distribution of statistical and performance reports issued by projects/global business units (GBUs)/corporate.
- Assist with departmental meetings.
- Assist with the coordination and the development of ES&H training materials.
- Remain cognizant of federal, state, or local environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Ability to use standard computer based systems as well as other programs used within ES&H.
- Aid in the maintenance of various ES&H WebPages.
- Assist in the development and distribution of ES&H policies, procedures, specifications, alerts, bulletins, and other similar information.
- Assist with reviewing and updating of the ES&H core processes.
- Compile statistical data for corporate reporting.
- Provide statistical data for proposal request.
- Maintain a safe work ethic and work environment
- Work in a matrixed organization
- Perform duties, balance work, support multiple managers while reporting to the Manager of Medical Services
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland or current license in a compact state, or able to be licensed through reciprocity
- Two years experience in occupational health nursing
- Basic life support certification required
- Strong verbal and written communications and report writing
- Skilled in the handling of emergency situations
- Ability to generate and analyze statistical reports from existing safety, health and environmental
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to travel to other domestic offices or project sites
- Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work and remain in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Knowledge of medical reporting and OSHA record-keeping requirements
- Experience in travel health consultation
- Previous work experience in construction industry
- CPR/FA/AED instructor
- SharePoint experience working with web pages and website design
- Experience in developing presentations on statistical performance in the areas of ES&H utilizing Excel and PowerPoint.
Bechtel - 2 years ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...