Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) is actively seeking a Marketing Director in Knoxville, TN. Scripps Networks Interactive is one of the leading developers of lifestyle-oriented content for television and the Internet, where on-air programming is complemented with online video, social media areas and e-commerce components on companion Web sites and broadband vertical channels. The company's media portfolio includes popular lifestyle television and Internet brands HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and country music network Great American Country (GAC) .
Assists the SVP of Marketing and Creative in extending the brand's reach to consumers by developing, coordinating and executing marketing initiatives through experiential activations, partnerships, public relations, affiliate and ad sales extensions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute events including budgets and activation strategies to extend brand recognition and tune in.
- Oversees coordination and implementation of partnerships and their execution among internal teams (programming, creative services, affiliate, sales, digital and cross-brand) and with the external partner.
- Collaborates with Ad Sales to develop and execute marketing programs that can be directly tied to revenue generating opportunities and offer reciprocal marketing extensions.
- Manage Marketing Manager and contract personnel.
- Implement appropriate processes to sustain organizational flow for fluctuating volume of work.
- Able to maintain team oriented professionalism with a strong ability to take initiative in this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assists in drafting time-sensitive proposals and marketing plans for presentation to potential partners.
- Work with legal, finance and business affairs team on contractual and budgetary matters.
- Act as back up to SVP Marketing/Creative Services when unavailable or on vacation.
- Collaborates with Category counterparts to exploit cross-promotional, social, and talent opportunities.
- Coordinate marketing assets and communications for public relations initiatives
- Track and code department invoicing.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Knowledge of event management
- Knowledge of finance and budgeting
- Desire and ability to think outside of traditional marketing and production techniques
- Knowledge of creative, post production tools and processes
- Ability to keep a variety of projects in motion in concurrent fashion
- Knowledge of and a passion for pop culture, television and new media trends
- Personal computing skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of art.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of market conditions that may impact planning.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to multitask.
- Organizational/Time management skills
- Originality and creativity
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Knowledge of entertainment and/or music marketing
Sedentary work; standard office environment. Must be able to travel 30% of time.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree required; preferably in marketing or another directly related field. Minimum of five years' experience in media marketing/entertainment/advertising. A knowledge of the cable industry preferred.
There's something for every type of cook, from gourmets to toast-burners, on The Television Food Network. The cable channel, which is...