Director of Credit and Collections
Don’t let our name fool you…
Who we are: We are one of the country’s premier catalog and online retailers. We are a privately held company selling quality products at tremendous values for over 50 years. We search near and far to offer unique gifts, trendy home goods, popular toys and some of the latest fashions.
What we are not: Not to worry, we are not a financial brokerage firm trading commodities and futures in the market.
Our employees are a rare commodity –
If you are looking to work in a family-like atmosphere and a friendly environment with awesome coworkers this is the place for you. LTD has a dynamic and engaging culture that celebrates and recognizes the work of our associates.
We are currently looking for a Director of Credit and Collections. The Director leads the organization's high volume, consumer credit and collections functions within a multi-channel, blended inbound/outbound contact center environment with fluctuating seasonal volumes. This includes open account, credit card, ACH, and other electronic payment methods. This individual owns the integrity, accuracy, and information quality for the work product of the department. You will be responsible for compliance with all credit/collections and accounting standards, regulations, guidelines and controls for our highly confidential, privately owned company. Drives and oversees processes and policies to maximize order conversion through credit and fraud, while maintaining acceptable risk, improving cash flow and reducing accounts receivable. Anticipates and meets or exceeds the changing needs of our customers and the organization. You will have a key role in leading and participating on strategy and project teams and are expected to manage the credit and collections department toward efficient and value-added processes, and interact effectively with all levels of the organization. You will also oversee and support the supervision, development and motivation of the management and staff.
- Provide leadership to the organization on all areas of credit and collections, including regulatory guidance. Manage and lead with vision and purpose, in formal and informal settings.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, and internal controls adequately provide reasonable assurance that credit risk is within tolerance, potential fraud is mitigated, accounts receivable are collected timely, and confidential data is kept secure.
- Provide continual monitoring of departmental goals. Identify achievement and progress against goals and gaps between goals and actual performance. Provide corrective actions to remedy gaps as necessary.
- Supervise direct reports. Maintain staff personnel files, invest time in employee development, assess needs, monitor performance, set goals, evaluate and discipline as necessary, solicit feedback, and ensure staff is well equipped to meet and/or exceed job expectations.
- Work with supervisory staff with regards to staffing plans, employee development, and performance management for a staff of 50+ employees.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for outside collection agency management; review and evaluate relationships with third party vendors handling delinquent accounts to maximize recoveries.
- Monitor and enforce department and company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the creation, evolution, and maintenance of process improvement.
- Develop and maintain reporting and presentations as needed to effectively monitor and manage productivity, accuracy, adherence to policies and procedures - including ratios, key performance metrics, trending, and analysis.
- Prepare capital and operating budgets. Allocate budgets consistent with strategic and operating plans. Develop justification for projects and variances between budget and actual.
- Be an active member of relevant company strategy teams, cross-functional teams, and project teams.
- Act as project team lead for Credit/Collection sponsored initiatives and projects.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we want to hear from YOU! Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
For 50 years, LTD Commodities and abc distributing have been committed to selling top-quality merchandise at tremendous value prices. From...